[net.politics] WE'RE #1! WE'RE.... #2?

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (01/18/85)

In article <226@talcott.UUCP> gjk@talcott.UUCP (Greg Kuperberg) writes:
>> Now your going to tell me that US has a lilly-white reputation in the
>> arms business.
>>
>> 		Ewan Tempero                     "Oh no, not again"
>> 		...!uw-beaver!uw-june!edtking
>> 		edtking@washington
>
>In absolute arms sales, the USSR has edged out the US in the 1980's, while
>France is a distant third.  In arms sales as a proportion of GNP, the USSR
>is moderately ahead of France, and the US is a distant third.  Thus,
>although we've placed a good bid, we haven't won the gold medal in arms
>sales.

WHAT?!! The Ruskies are beating the bedjabbers out of us in ARMS SALES?
Crumbs!  While we're spending all out time and energy at the Olympic games,
those guys have been working out in the munitions factory.  A very clever
people...

    "NOW how much would you pay?  But wait, there's less! Order now, and we'll
    include the amazing $17,000 coffee pot!  It boils, it boils... it even
    boils!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA