[net.politics] Who pays for the inauguration?

shallit@gargoyle.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Shallit) (01/23/85)

In article <> wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler) writes:
>Dummy, the inauguration is paid for out of private funds and donations.
>It does not come out of the taxpayers pocket.  Cool down.
>T. C. Wheeler

First, it is necessary to thank Mr. Wheeler for his gracious form of
address.

Second, I don't believe his statement is completely true.  For example,
the New York Times reported that the cost of the military aides
was being picked up by the Army (i. e. by us) and would cost
over a million dollars.  This includes the several hundred drivers
used to pick up and deliver VIP's from and to their hotels.

Jeff Shallit