[net.politics] Reynolds Tobacco -- Nabisco Merger

jj@alice.UUCP (06/03/85)

I see in the morning Star Ledger that Nabisco is merging with
R. J. Reynolds Tobacco company.  I wonder what the effect of
this merger on the Nabisco junk food business will be
among non-smokers.

Speculation, folks?
--
TEDDY BEARS HAVE LIMITED PATIENCE! THEY DO EVENTUALLY GET HUNGRY!
"What's the use of bearing bracers, hats or spats or shoes

(ihnp4/allegra)!alice!jj

john@x.UUCP (John Woods) (06/06/85)

> I see in the morning Star Ledger that Nabisco is merging with
> R. J. Reynolds Tobacco company.  I wonder what the effect of
> this merger on the Nabisco junk food business will be
> among non-smokers.
>
> Speculation, folks?
> --
> (ihnp4/allegra)!alice!jj
I forsee no change at all.  Oreo Cookies are already addictive...
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc@MIT-XX.ARPA

"MU" said the Sacred Chao...

awinterb@udenva.UUCP (Art Winterbauer) (06/07/85)

In article <> jj@alice.UUCP writes:

>I see in the morning Star Ledger that Nabisco is merging with
>R. J. Reynolds Tobacco company.  I wonder what the effect of
>this merger on the Nabisco junk food business will be
>among non-smokers.
>
>Speculation, folks?

Cracker dip?

--

"What are all these toads doing so far from the marsh?"
                                        Lautreamont

        Art Winterbauer  ucbvax!nbires-----------\
        DRI/Elect.       seismo!hao---------------\
        PO Box 10127     cires---------------------\
        Univ. of Denver  boulder--------------------\---> !udenva!awinterb
        Denver, CO  80210  (303)-871-2412

tos@psc70.UUCP (Dr.Schlesinger) (06/15/85)

     Don't know about reaction among non-smokers, but understand the
name of the new company will be  NABUTTSCO  .

colonel@gloria.UUCP (06/15/85)

> In article <> jj@alice.UUCP writes:
> >
> >I see in the morning Star Ledger that Nabisco is merging with
> >R. J. Reynolds Tobacco company.  I wonder what the effect of
> >this merger on the Nabisco junk food business will be
> >among non-smokers.
> >
> >Speculation, folks?
>
> Cracker dip?

Why all the fuss?  If I remember right, American Tobacco has owned
Sunshine Biscuits for years.

	"Reach for a Lucky instead of a Hydrox!"
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel