[net.politics] TERRORIST ACTS

mazum@iitcs.UUCP (Pinaki Mazumder) (06/26/85)

                   A FEW POINTS ON TERRORIST ACTS
                   ==============================

           In the context of recent spate of  dastardly  terrorist
      acts over the air travellers, a few points to ruminate:

      (1)  If the gunning down an innocuous straying passenger
           aircraft  (KL 007) over the Russian aerospace was a
           barbarian act, how humanitarian act it is  to  give
           political  asylum  to  the so called political dis-
           sidents (i.e., terrorists) just  because  they  are
           perpetrating  the  dastardly  acts over another na-
           tion? The questionable policy of many  western  na-
           tions  who  have  sanctioned  asylum to the radical
           elements  under  the   pretext   of   'humanitarian
           grounds'  has  aided  in  spawning terrorism like a
           cancer. It is ironical to notice that many  of  the
           spiritual  leaders (who are now biting at the hands
           that once fed) of the terrorists had been the beni-
           ficiary of the asylum under 'humanitarian grounds',
           when being ousted by their the then government.  So
           isn't  it  the  time  to understand and act against
           terrorists as a common enemy?

      (2)  Mostly, these  sheltered  political  elements  have
           misused  the  'Fundamental  Rights' of the host na-
           tions and sabotaged  their  motherlands  under  the
           name of protests. The apparent inaction by the host
           nations has mutely encouraged these terrorists.  It
           is time to realize that the host nations should ban
           these alien from actively participating in the pol-
           itics  of  another nation or should extradite them.
           The world is round. If you foster someone's  enemy,
           he does yours. And the price is a wild fire terror-
           ism.

      (3)  It is a  strange  coincidence  that  the  Communist
           countries  are never a victim of air hijacking. The
           reason may be that they never  believe  in  the  so
           called  'humanitarian grounds' and their government
           is too intolerant to the  concept  of  'Fundamental
           Rights'.   May be it's not a bad policy to abrogate
           the 'Fundamental Rights' of the sheltered aliens if
           it  gives  room  to  espouse  belligerence  against
           another nation with whom the host nations have  di-
           plomatic rapport.

      (4)  The guard against hijacking should be total respon-
           sibility  of  the  nation  from which the air plane
           starts before hijacking and they should  be  finan-
           cially  liable  in the event of a hijacking. Other-
           wise, many nations may indulge in swapping like the
           Greek and wash their hands off.

      (5)  REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS AND POST.

                                       Mazumder, Pinaki
       ihnp4!iitcs!mazum           Dept. of Computer Science,
         Date: June 23            Illinois Inst. of Technology,
                                       CHICAGO, IL 60616
9

9

9

9

bill@persci.UUCP (07/01/85)

In article <144@iitcs.UUCP> mazum@iitcs.UUCP (Pinaki Mazumder) writes:
>                   A FEW POINTS ON TERRORIST ACTS
>                   ==============================
>           In the context of recent spate of  dastardly  terrorist
>      acts over the air travellers, a few points to ruminate:
> [...]
>      (3)  It is a  strange  coincidence  that  the  Communist
>           countries  are never a victim of air hijacking. [...]
>
>      (5)  REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS AND POST.
>                                       Mazumder, Pinaki
>       ihnp4!iitcs!mazum           Dept. of Computer Science,

Just a note.. While the Communist countries appear to never be victims of air
hijacking (have you *seen* the security at a Communist airport??), terrorist
acts are far from unknown there. The press there does not report it for obvious
reasons, so we don't learn very much, yet word does come out now and then of
terrorist activity.

I must apologize for forgetting my source on this. I read too much and remember
too little...

--
Bill Swan 	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!persci!bill