[net.politics] Handgun megaflames.

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (07/19/85)

In article (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) writes:
>  We could not eliminate alcohol, we cannot eliminate
>marijuana, we cannot eliminate cocaine, and we cannot eliminate handguns.
>(Not to change the subject, but has anybody stopped to think that marijuana,
>cocaine, and alcohol kill more people each year than firearms do?)

I have considered this point. It's completely wrong, but worth
consideration. I suppose I should watch "reefer madness" a couple more
times. "Alright, buddy! Gimme all your money or I'll stuff coke up your
nose!"

>     JoSH made some good points:

Yea for JoSH! :-) :-) :-) Wow! Three smiley faces! What a bright boy!

>     It is impossible to interdict ANYTHING that comes across the Mexican
>border.

Hmm. A reason for a space defense system...

>     Given the lethality of 12-guage shotgun shells, I'd much rather be
>faced with a pistol.

I'd much rather be faced with a knife.

>     All these "Goodie-Two-Shoes" anti-gunners ought to realize by now that
>there are more arguments FOR handguns than there are against.

I still haven't heard any. All I've heard is "you can't get rid of
handguns now, why bother?" Frankly, I've been swayed. I agree. Hot death
to the bleeding heart liberals! If they don't shutup, there's more
bleeding they can do! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

>American Pistol, Nazi & Rifle Association

>My wife,yes...my dog, maybe...but my gun, NEVER!
>
>-Bumpa sticka on a New Hampsha pickup truck.

So what kind of a weirdo f*c*s their gun?

Sometimes ya just got flame your heart out...
--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (07/30/85)

> In article (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) writes:
> >  We could not eliminate alcohol, we cannot eliminate
> >marijuana, we cannot eliminate cocaine, and we cannot eliminate handguns.
> >(Not to change the subject, but has anybody stopped to think that marijuana,
> >cocaine, and alcohol kill more people each year than firearms do?)
>
> I have considered this point. It's completely wrong, but worth
> consideration. I suppose I should watch "reefer madness" a couple more
> times. "Alright, buddy! Gimme all your money or I'll stuff coke up your
> nose!"

Reality attack: Drunk drivers kill as many people each year as ALL firearms
fatalities, including hunting accidents, suicide, justifiable homicide, and
murder.  That's drunk drivers ALONE.  Include diseases caused by alcohol,
accidental overdoses caused by cocaine, and stoned drivers, and handgun
fatalities are minor.  (Include cigarette caused deaths, and handguns aren't
even 10% of the deaths caused by drug abuse.)