[net.politics] net.protocol

black@pundit.DEC (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) (08/05/85)

>Oh, don't get me wrong Don -- I wouldn't think to curtail your mindless
>flagwaving for a moment. After all your ARE a n-- oops I almost did it
>again. THIS time I will NOT call you a nazi (wonderful me!). You are a
>-- oh never mind.
>
>--
>Charles Forsythe
>CSDF@MIT-VAX
>"You are a stupid fool."
>-Wang Zeep
>
>"I'm not a fool!"
>-The Hated One

and

>Subject: I don't know what a Nazi is either
>
>	Various people on the net love that term "Nazi."
>	I'm a dummy.  I don't understand what a Nazi is.
>		    ******************************
> [SHORTENED FOR BREVITY]
>					[All quotes by Don Black.]
>
>If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, smells like a duck, lives
>in the swamp with the ducks, and presumably hopes to produce future
>generations by <@%$>, who am I to question whether it's a duck?  (Now,
>as to whether you're a dummy...)[Oded Fiengold]

    It's too bad that the net has to be subjected to "Ad Hominem" slurs.
But I suppose if They let me on the net, They can let this kind of crap
continue.  C'est la guerre, n'est-ce pas?

    The name of the game apparently is that if you can't make a logical
argument against what's being said, then by all means discredit the
person.  All's fair in love and war.

    This following material originated as a PERSONAL EXCHANGE between
myself and Mr. Dimitrovski.  Normally I don't mind people using such
material in the general net, since normally I give full permission.

    But I do believe it's appropriate to not take things out of context
as Mr. Dimitrovsky has done.

    While we're on the subject, I highly recommend that the net not allow
this to degenerate into a (pardon the expression) "pissing contest."

     So, Isaac, before the entire net, I dare you to submit my reply to
these questions:

>I don't understand, Don. I thought you'd be proud to be called a Nazi.
>Another thing I can't understand is why you're so bland about some
>things. You pussyfoot around saying things like [I'm paraphrasing;
>I don't have the quotes handy, so deny if you feel misquoted]
>"Well, as far whether the Germans gassed Jews, there are pros and cons,
>aren't there?" or "There is an Institute in California which has offered
>a $50,000 reward to anyone who could prove the Germans gassed Jews; so far
>noone has been able to make them pay."
>
>Why not just say what you think? i.e. "I don't think the Germans
>gassed Jews; the Holocaust is a hoax." Come to think of it, why haven't
>you ever said exactly what *you* want to do about the Jews? The closest
>thing I can remember is when someone asked if Jews were the Antichrist
>and you answered "Well, if the shoe fits ..." Come on, Don, you can do
>better than that. What should be done about the Antichrist? What would
>you do if someone made you President tomorrow?
>
>As long as I'm asking you to explain your opinions, I might as well
>add your recent comment to the effect that "Christians should really
>read the Talmud; they'd really get an education." What exactly would
>they find out? Post all the details in net.religion. [Isaac Dimitrovsky]
>
>>     Remember how Hitler worked in Germany?  First he went for one group,
>> and nobody spoke up.  Then he went for another, and nobody spoke up.  And
>> so on, until Germany was both levelled and partially enslaved.  It can
>> happen here too.  So I speak up.  [Don Black]
>

>I'm truly baffled now, Don. Just what groups do you think Hitler went for?
>Do you think the Nazis were composed of Jews, Gypsys, gays, etc. who
>ganged up on Aryans and put them in concentration camps? Please clarify.
>[lots of stuff about guns]  [Isaac Dimitrovsky]

     Let's hear it, Isaac.  What did I say that you left out?   What are
you afraid of admitting that I said?

     If the net wants to see the entire exchange, I will be glad to submit
it.  I have nothing to lose.  Otherwise, Isaac, "put up or shut up."

>I don't really want to talk about guns, Don. I'm undecided about gun
>control. I think there are good arguments for both sides.

     Like chasing geriatric Nazis, it's called "beating a dead horse."

     Since other people on the net have said plenty already about Ad Hominems,
so therefore have I.

     --Don Black

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/06/85)

In article <3446@decwrl.UUCP> DON BLACK  writes:
>>again. THIS time I will NOT call you a nazi (wonderful me!). You are a
>>-- oh never mind.

;-) C'mon, Don! I showed SUCH restraint. I mean, my bestest buddy Ken
gave me a chance to "grow up", can't you give me credit for effort? ;-)

Seriously:

>> [SHORTENED FOR BREVITY]
>>					[All quotes by Don Black.]

You know, I find it REALLY irritating how you deleted every bit of
relevant context from this. I suggest that everybody go back and read
Oded's posting.

>    But I do believe it's appropriate to not take things out of context
>as Mr. Dimitrovsky has done.

You should talk, Don. Really, I was starting to respect your opinions,
too.

>>Why not just say what you think? i.e. "I don't think the Germans
>>gassed Jews; the Holocaust is a hoax." Come to think of it, why haven't
>>you ever said exactly what *you* want to do about the Jews? The closest
>>thing I can remember is when someone asked if Jews were the Antichrist
>>and you answered "Well, if the shoe fits ..." Come on, Don, you can do
>>better than that. What should be done about the Antichrist? What would
>>you do if someone made you President tomorrow?

I WOULD like to see your answers to these.

>     Let's hear it, Isaac.  What did I say that you left out?   What are
>you afraid of admitting that I said?

Coming from somebody who deleted a lot of his own juicy quotes from a
posting in order to make the poster look like a muck raker, I would say
it was you that is hiding.

>     Like chasing geriatric Nazis, it's called "beating a dead horse."

Your right there. Let the old men go. It was soooo long ago anyway.
Everybody's forgotten what they did. What's the statute of limitations
on "attempted genocide" anyway?

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX