[net.politics] We've GOT to do somethin' about Ken Dept.

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/06/85)

In article <3459@decwrl.UUCP> arndt@lymph.DEC writes:
>Come to think of it I could use a Russian Serf around the back yard.

Black slaves are cheaper, Ken.

>I'm starting an anti-movement movement called, "Don't give a shit for Peace!"

You've hit a new low. I believe that every American should stand up for
peace. I don't necessarily mean supporting disarmament. My brother
joined the army "to keep the peace." I can respect that, as much as I
think it's the wrong way. Still he says,"I don't want to fight, but if
there's fighting to do, I'll be there." I spent an hour last night
talking to a man who saw action in Vietnam. He wasn't in a hurry to
fight the Russians. Stop watching so many war movies, Ken.

A lot of demonstrators come across as whiny, bleeding heart liberals. A
lot of them are. Don't confuse the issues with the people. I think that
people who say things like "what America needs is a good war" should be
given a gun and sent to another planet.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"
	-Elvis Costello

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"I'm not a fool!"
-The Hated One

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Latitudinarian Lobster) (08/07/85)

> "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"
> 	-Elvis Costello

Make that Nick Lowe.  Elvis Costello just does it (rather well, but not
as well as Nick & company).

LL