[net.politics] Ray Frank and More Thoughts On America Bashing

cbd@iham1.UUCP (deitrick) (08/13/85)

> From: ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank)
>> > What makes anyone think that the rest of the world wants or even cares about
>> > democracy? ....
>>
>> > We've shown enough arrogance in our history.  Let's not compound it by trying
>> > to impose democracy on people who don't care about it. [CARL DEITRICK]
>>
>Tha tha tha tha that's easy for you to say, living comfortably and freeeee
>in a democracy.  With your belly full it's easy to say "what makes anyone
>think that the rest of the world wants its belly full too."  When's the last
>time you went without democracy for a while?

Who typed this in for you? For that matter, who read you the original article
and explained the big words (the ones over one syllable) to you?  What college
student is stupid enough to let some kindergarten child use his/her account
to post this kind of swill?

When I lived there, the intellectual environment in Central New York State
left something to be desired.  It has obviously gotten worse by several
orders of magnitude since then.  Pray for them, netters.

					Carl Deitrick
					ihnp4!iham1!cbd

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (08/14/85)

> Who typed this in for you? For that matter, who read you the original article
> and explained the big words (the ones over one syllable) to you?  What college
> student is stupid enough to let some kindergarten child use his/her account
> to post this kind of swill?
>
> When I lived there, the intellectual environment in Central New York State
> left something to be desired.  It has obviously gotten worse by several
> orders of magnitude since then.  Pray for them, netters.
>
> 					Carl Deitrick
> 					ihnp4!iham1!cbd

You've got it wrong, when you left, the intellectual environment increased by
several orders of magnitude.
But seriously, I understand you made a big impression here in Western New York.
Kind of like the impression one sees upon removing ones hand from a bucket of
water.