[net.politics] "Random Muslim bigots" and J. Martillo

riddle@im4u.UUCP (08/22/85)

In article <3630016@csd2.UUCP> martillo@csd2.UUCP (Joachim Martillo) writes:

>> 							...I probably
>> have a better idea what it is to be a non-Muslim in a conservative
>> Muslim country than some random Muslim bigot off the street.

What about random Muslim non-bigots?

Is it your opinion that all "random Muslims" are bigots?

If so, we may have just found ourselves a random non-Muslim bigot!  :-)

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech}!ut-sally!riddle   riddle@ut-sally.UUCP
--- riddle@ut-sally.ARPA, riddle%zotz@ut-sally, riddle%im4u@ut-sally

martillo@csd2.UUCP (Joachim Martillo) (08/22/85)

/* csd2:net.politics / riddle@im4u.UUCP /  7:56 pm  Aug 21, 1985 */
>In article <3630016@csd2.UUCP> martillo@csd2.UUCP (Joachim Martillo) writes:
>>>
>>> 							...I probably
>>> have a better idea what it is to be a non-Muslim in a conservative
>>> Muslim country than some random Muslim bigot off the street.

>What about random Muslim non-bigots?

>Is it your opinion that all "random Muslims" are bigots?

>If so, we may have just found ourselves a random non-Muslim bigot! :-)

I have not seen any Muslim on the net or in fact any  Muslim political
or religious leader state that non-Muslims who have lived in Muslim
might just have some legitimate grievances because of the treatment
which they received at the hands of Muslim majorities and that just
possibly some of the roots of this mistreatment might lie in the
attitudes which Islam inspires in Muslims.  Until I see some Muslims
on the net or Muslim political or religious leaders make such a
statement, I am quite justified in juxtaposing Muslim and bigot.