[net.politics] Reagan Poll, or the cat came back..

richardt@orstcs.UUCP (richardt) (08/21/85)

Interestingly enough, the Reagan Opinion Poll went over like a lead balloon.
A total of 13 people responded.  However, What results I did get were
heartening: Our dear Mr. President lost by a noticeable majority(try barely
better than 1 vote in three).  Here's what the breakdown looks like:

	date/vote|Yes	No
	---------|----------------
	1980	 | 3	10
	1984	 | 4	9
	Today	 | 4 	9

The breakdown of reasons was predictable, with one exception.  Most thought
Reagun was dangerous;  Two thought that he was the greatest thing since white
bread; and one person thought that Reagan would be less of a wishy-wash than
Carter, and then got scared of Reagan!
					orstcs!richardt
"Whatever makes you think you see trouble ahead??? <sarcasm, unfortunately>"

csanders@ucbvax.ARPA (Craig S. Anderson) (08/26/85)

In article <13700011@orstcs.UUCP> richardt@orstcs.UUCP (richardt) writes:
>Interestingly enough, the Reagan Opinion Poll went over like a lead balloon.
>A total of 13 people responded.  However, What results I did get were
>heartening: Our dear Mr. President lost by a noticeable majority(try barely
>better than 1 vote in three).  Here's what the breakdown looks like:
>
>	date/vote|Yes	No
>	---------|----------------
>	1980	 | 3	10
>	1984	 | 4	9
>	Today	 | 4 	9
>
>The breakdown of reasons was predictable, with one exception.  Most thought
>Reagun was dangerous;  Two thought that he was the greatest thing since white
>bread; and one person thought that Reagan would be less of a wishy-wash than
>Carter, and then got scared of Reagan!

ANY unscientific poll has as much validity as tossing a coin up into the
air.  I thought people realized that when they learned about the famous
headline 'Dewey (sp) beats Truman'.  That was a result of a telephone poll
when most people who owned telephones were Republicans.  Especially if
only 13 responded to your poll.
>					orstcs!richardt

Craig Anderson
csanders@ucbvax.Berkeley.ARPA

allison@convexs.UUCP (08/26/85)

> Our dear Mr. President lost by a noticeable majority(try barely
> better than 1 vote in three).  Here's what the breakdown looks like:
>
> 	date/vote|Yes	No
> 	---------|----------------
> 	1980	 | 3	10
> 	1984	 | 4	9
> 	Today	 | 4 	9

 And I thought Reagan won! :-)

 Seriously, this little poll of yours shows (if anything) something
you didn't expect, doesn't it?  Looks like Reagan would be elected now
by the same margin he was in 1984, which if I remember was just under 60%.
What a shame!

Brian Allison	{allegra, ihnp4, uiucdcs, ctvax}!convex!allison
Convex Computer Corp.
Richardson, TX