[net.politics] This is a repeat for those who ignored it.

black@pundit.DEC (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) (08/20/85)

     Don't mind me.  I'm just quilting together a few lines.

     Some of these are from previous postings, while some are from Personals.

     Freedom of speech and expression is something that we usually take for
granted in the US.  We as Americans have to accept these concepts as
Universal and Irrevocable.  If we cannot do so, if we would repress free
speech and expression, then perhaps we cannot call ourselves true Americans.

     If I were Imperial Wizard of the KKK, I for damned sure wouldn't be
working for a living, particularly not at DEC.

     I have no sympathies with people who blow up churches or advocate the
torching of synagogues.  Just because I don't happen to socialize with
certain groups doesn't mean I advocate doing them in.

     Any person who would firebomb a library, assault its officials and bomb
their houses, just because they don't happen to agree with what the group
says, has no claim to being a true American.

     The murder of innocent civilians is never justified.  Terrorism is
never justified.  Hitler was not justified.

>But as the world has seen, out of apathy come tyranny.

     Exactly!!!  And who are the most apathetic people in the world??

>The world stood by
>while Hitler did what was necessary for him eventually play center stage to
>an unwilling and ultimately captive audience.

     People forget that Hitler was aided and abetted by Uncle Joe Stalin.
Without the help of the Soviet Union, it would have been difficult for Hitler
to rearm Germany to the extent that he did.  Not to mention that the
international corporations openly supported Hitler in his war efforts.

>Frankly, I find your comments about the kind of networks
>  that are needed to be reminiscent of the kind of call for a strong leader
>  that led to trains running on time in Italy for a short time, if you know
>  what I mean.

     I fail to see the comparison.  Did I call for Il Duce?  I don't seem to
find any mention of anything resembling a Fourth Reich in my postings.

     If there is any strong leadership to be had in this country, it is not
to be found in Washington right now.  All I see is a herd of geldings.  The
strength of this nation is in its people.

     By the way, the trains used to run on time here, too, until Uncle Sugar
started running the railroads.

     It is unfortunate that various appointed bureaucrats consider themselves
to be above the law.  But it is the fault of the American People for allowing
them to do so.  For over three decades, we have tolerated bureaucracies that
derive their power from an obscure federal "law" that authorizes various
agencies to rule by fiat, simply by promulgating regulations and then publishing
such regulations in the Federal Register.  (Now that I think of it, Hitler
did something similar.)  (And the exact same thing is going on in South Africa.)

     The whole key to solving the problem is to remove the authorization for
these agencies to make regulations without legislative review.  If this puts
an undue burden on our poor overworked, underpaid Congress, the answer is
simple.  We remove the authority for controlling bureaucratic functions from
the Federal Government, and place it on the States, where most of it belongs
anyway.  Only certain functions, such as the overseeing of interstate
commerce, the issuance of currency, certain foreign affairs, and a central
military cadre, would be retained at the federal level.  Most others, such
as taxation, intrastate commerce, local environmental protection, labor
laws, educational responsibilities, and a self-armed ready militia, would
be controlled at the local level.

     I personally do not consider the national sovereignty of the United
States as something petty.  It's strange how an awful lot of people agree
with me about it.

	     I don't advocate anything other than a return to the Constitutional
	Republic that our Founding Fathers gave us.  We need one or two more
	safeguards that we've learned about through experience, such as the
	explicit prohibition against any branch of government delegating its
	duties to bureaucrats.  And we need some more explicit words about
	maintaining the sovereignty of the Nation in the face of foreign
	treaties.  But other than that, why mess with a good thing?

     Our Founding Fathers gave us that path, in the Declaration of Independence,
the Articles of Confederation, the Constitution, the U.S. Codes, the Federalist
Papers, etc.  The American People have allowed the government to stray off that
path onto one that will lead us to oblivion.  If we are to retain our freedom
and independence, we must return to the original path, we must restore our
Constitutional Republic.  And we as a People must renounce Internationalism.
Once this is done, the threat of Communism will dry up.

     Lest we forget---The organization known as the "Government of the United
States"  is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, not a democracy.  It is generally assumed
to be comprised of three branches,ie., the Legislative, the Executive, and the
Judiciary.  These three are overseen by the fourth and supreme branch, the
PEOPLE.

     If the People fail to ride herd on the Constitutional Government, the
People very quickly lose the very freedom that we cherish.  We are given the
responsibility by our Creator to be vigilant, as outlined in the very first
Federal Law, the Declaration of Independence.  The authority to exercise
our power is in the Ninth, Tenth, and Second Amendment to the Constitution
of 1787.  Effectively, if "The Government" becomes abusive of the rights of
the citizens, we the people have the right to remove "The Government" by
whatever means necessary.

     [All quotes from Don Black, the infamous "Nazi."]

     Can somebody please tell me when and where The Little Corporal ever
stood up and advocated civil rights and the return of the Constitution?

     I personally believe all you Nazi-busters out there ("I ain't afraid
of no Nazis!") are bigger Nazis than Hitler ever was.

     --Don Black

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/22/85)

Don Black speaks:
>     If I were Imperial Wizard of the KKK, I for damned sure wouldn't be
>working for a living, particularly not at DEC.

I didn't know wizards got a salary. Kinda funny that you did...
	...but that's not important.

Here's my real question:
>     People forget that Hitler was aided and abetted by Uncle Joe Stalin.
>Without the help of the Soviet Union, it would have been difficult for Hitler
>to rearm Germany to the extent that he did.  Not to mention that the
>international corporations openly supported Hitler in his war efforts.

I was under the impression that Russia was our (God forbid) ally in WW2
and that she fought AGAINST the Nazis. Did Stalin feel that killing a
lot of German soldiers was helpful?

Thanks in advace for your answers!
--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

from _The_Nth_Psalm_ in _The_Book_of_Fred_

csanders@ucbvax.ARPA (Craig S. Anderson) (08/24/85)

In article <686@mit-vax.UUCP> csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) writes:
>Don Black speaks:
>
>Here's my real question:
>>     People forget that Hitler was aided and abetted by Uncle Joe Stalin.
>>Without the help of the Soviet Union, it would have been difficult for Hitler
>>to rearm Germany to the extent that he did.  Not to mention that the
>>international corporations openly supported Hitler in his war efforts.
>
>I was under the impression that Russia was our (God forbid) ally in WW2
>and that she fought AGAINST the Nazis. Did Stalin feel that killing a
>lot of German soldiers was helpful?

The Soviet Union was an ally of Hitler's until he had the stupidity to
attack them too late in the summer.  Under the Molotov Treaty, the
Soviets got to take half of Poland as spoils of the Nazi victory.  The
Soviet Union also conquered Finland.  Let us not forget the Warsaw uprising,
when a quarter of a million Poles died fighting the Nazis while Comrade
Stalin's forces stood by and did nothing.  And the U.S. and Great Britain
were so nice to stop at the Elbe and let Eastern Europe be 'freed' by
the Soviets.

>Thanks in advace for your answers!

You are welcome.

>--
>Charles Forsythe
>CSDF@MIT-VAX

Craig Anderson
csanders@ucbvax

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (08/26/85)

> In article <686@mit-vax.UUCP> csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) writes:
> >Don Black speaks:
> >
> >Here's my real question:
> >>     People forget that Hitler was aided and abetted by Uncle Joe Stalin.
> >>Without the help of the Soviet Union, it would have been difficult for Hitler
> >>to rearm Germany to the extent that he did.  Not to mention that the
> >>international corporations openly supported Hitler in his war efforts.
> >
> >I was under the impression that Russia was our (God forbid) ally in WW2
> >and that she fought AGAINST the Nazis. Did Stalin feel that killing a
> >lot of German soldiers was helpful?
>
> The Soviet Union was an ally of Hitler's until he had the stupidity to
> attack them too late in the summer.  Under the Molotov Treaty, the
> Soviets got to take half of Poland as spoils of the Nazi victory.  The
> Soviet Union also conquered Finland.  Let us not forget the Warsaw uprising,
> when a quarter of a million Poles died fighting the Nazis while Comrade
> Stalin's forces stood by and did nothing.  And the U.S. and Great Britain
> were so nice to stop at the Elbe and let Eastern Europe be 'freed' by
> the Soviets.
>

> >Thanks in advace for your answers!
>
> You are welcome.
>
> >--
> >Charles Forsythe
> >CSDF@MIT-VAX
>
> Craig Anderson
> csanders@ucbvax

The Soviets played two ends against the middle at the beginning of WW2.
They were 'friends' with the West, and they played up to Hitler, till of
course Hitler turned on the them.  Until that time the Soviets were enjoying
the spoils of war, i.e. Finland, half of Poland.

berman@psuvax1.UUCP (Piotr Berman) (08/27/85)

> Don Black speaks:
> >     People forget that Hitler was aided and abetted by Uncle Joe Stalin.
> >Without the help of the Soviet Union, it would have been difficult for Hitler
> >to rearm Germany to the extent that he did.  Not to mention that the
> >international corporations openly supported Hitler in his war efforts.
>
> I was under the impression that Russia was our (God forbid) ally in WW2
> and that she fought AGAINST the Nazis. Did Stalin feel that killing a
> lot of German soldiers was helpful?
>
> Thanks in advace for your answers!
> --
> Charles Forsythe

Don Black is slightly confused in this subject, but not entirely wrong.
In the period 1917-1941 the alliances were changing several times:
1.  Germans helped Bolshevics to make their revolution,
    because of their program of unitaleral peace with Germany.
    In years 1919-20 there were instances of cooperation against Poland.
2.  In the same years Great Britain were against to large a diminishing
    of Germany, as to avoid destabilization of it.
3.  Hitler gain power partially beccause of refusal of communists to
    cooperate with Social Demacrats.  This policy was dictated by Stalin.
4.  In the years 1934-38 Communist, still under Stalin influence, tried
    to organize "popular front" coalitions against fascists.  Stalin
    attempted to join an alliance against Hitler.  Hitler in turn
    was sending communists to concentration camps.
5.  France and Britain tacitly accept Hitler gains in Austria and
    Czechoslovakia.  Hitler suggests that his expantion will be
    directed against Soviet Union.
6.  In 1939 two years of Stalin-Hitler alliance started.  Eastern Europe
    was divided into zones of influence.  French, British and remaining
    Polish forces were planning to help Finland in the war with Soviets.
    German invasion of Norway and Denmark makes it impossible.
7.  Hitler invades Russia.  British and Americans faced with possibility
    of the whole Eurasia divided by Germany and Japan.  Americans calculate
    that they need 300 divisions to defeat Germany, and that they can send
    at most 120 divisions across the Atlantic.  Material help of the West
    for Stalin.

The claim that Stalin helped Hitler is justified, but only partially.
Obviously, there were three major blocks: Germany, Italy and Japan,
West (not very cohesive) allience and Russia.  The German block was
aggresive.  West was counting on weakening both adversary blocks in a
mutual war, and so did Stalin.  Unexpected scope of the victories
of the German block forced West and Russia into a weary alliance.

> >                                             Not to mention that the
> >international corporations openly supported Hitler in his war efforts.

This is a pure myth.  International corporations were of no major
importance before WW2.

Piotr Berman