[net.politics] We're next

black@pundit.DEC (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) (08/13/85)

     I see the Communists had a big parade in Washington yesterday (Monday,
12 August).  Mayor Koch was there, Jesse Jackson was there, Coretta Scott King
was there---what a crowd!

     What we're watching is the beginning of the end of freedom in South Africa.
The US had a trusted allie in South Africa, one of the last bastions of anti-
communism.  Now we're giving them the blade in the back.  "Et tu, Brute?  Then
fall South Africa!"

     But South Africa's demise was inevitable.  The Kremlin decreed that South
Africa was one of two jewels that must fall to Internationalist Communism.
And so it will fall.  For the next year we'll have to watch the bloodbath on
NBC Nightly News.  And we'll have a flood of white South African refugees
heading for our shores.  I can see the scenario as they arrive.  "You're not
Black or Asian, and we don't consider the African National Congress an
oppressive government.  Therefore, you cannot stay.  Back on the boats, you
pro-Nazi swine!"

     We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.  Once South Africa
is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest assured that the Communist/Nazi/Inter-
nationalists will start the final assault against us.  The Order of Battle is
already written.

     Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more left.

     --Don Black

alan@sun.uucp (Alan Marr, Sun Graphics) (08/14/85)

In article <3593@decwrl.UUCP> black@pundit.DEC
  (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) writes:

>     I see the Communists had a big parade in Washington
> yesterday (Monday, 12 August).  Mayor Koch was there, Jesse
> Jackson was there, Coretta Scott King was there---what a crowd!
>
>      What we're watching is the beginning of the end of freedom
> in South Africa.  The US had a trusted allie [sic] in South
> Africa, one of the last bastions of anti-communism.  Now we're
> giving them the blade in the back.  "Et tu, Brute?  Then fall
> South Africa!"

The end of freedom for the whites in South Africa.  The blacks
don't have it (is this not obvious?).  The beginning of the end
was when the whites put the knife in their own back.  We may not
be working with them hard enough for them to change their minds
and pull it out (if it is possible for them to change their
minds in time), but we are not giving them the blade.  They are
perfectly capable of that themselves.

Probably Mr. Black means that the fall of the government will
trigger a geo-political chain of events that threatens American
freedom.  This might be true in the short run but in the long
run there are larger issues involved than the absence of a
particular ally, even a rich, strategic, devoted one.  The U.S.
has created enough problems for itself around the world by
supporting repressive regimes (the Shah of Iran comes to mind as
an example of a rich, strategic, devoted, former ally).  This is
something that it is beginning to learn.  The Russians on the
other hand have not learnt it (the communists probably never
will).  Thus, as a result, many countries around the world are
starting to lean more favourably to the U.S.  This has positive
repercussions on the geopolitical balance in favour of freedom
and decency since it is a result of enlightened U.S.  behaviour
in a leadership role.

The U.S. experiment in democracy and government is an amazingly
bold one.  It is one of the few countries in the world where the
elected representatives and the public at large are openly
concerned about ethical conduct of geopolitical power.  In a
partly evil world some distasteful actions (e.g. "wet affairs")
may be necessary, but public discussion of the issues clarifies
them and leads to an informed electorate that will evolve a
better system in the only way that has durability (because the
citizenry are behind it).

Mr. Black might be able to persuade us to support an unethical
regime out of necessity.  But I doubt he can persuade us to
support an unethical regime that is also a loser.

>      But South Africa's demise was inevitable.

IS inevitable.  More precisely, the government will fall, but
not necessarily the country.  If Mr. Black feels that a
succeeding black-dominated or racially proportioned government
will not be wise enough or strong enough to stay away from
communist control, then he might wish to urge us to aid those
forces in opposition who have the potential to be strong so that
they will establish a government that stands for our democratic
ideals of freedom.  Hopefully he does not feel that the black
opposition is devoid of people who are wise and strong.

The government won't fall this year or probably for another
decade or so.  Look how long Rhodesia took becoming Zimbabwe.
Look how long Vietnam took to fall (about 30 years incl. the
French period).  The S.A. government is facing a less
sophisticated, lighter armed opposition, and it has a more
determined defensive force using a more highly developed
infrastructure.  The opposition has a long way to go to get
angry enough and smart enough to defeat armored personnel
carriers and machine guns (it can be done but many fine people
of all races will die in avoidable bloodshed).  When the black
middle class (who are more numerous and better off than their
neighbors in Africa) rises up, the point of no return will have
been reached because of the synergy of the cooperative effort
with the poor blacks.

> The Kremlin decreed that South Africa was one of two jewels
> that must fall to Internationalist Communism.

Not the issue.  Perhaps this is the Kremlin's plan, but what is
important is what action they may take to implement it (such as
arms traffic and subversion).  It is possible to stem that tide
without propping up a foul doomed regime and without losing the
support of the rest of Africa (who are necessary to stem that
subversion).

> And so it will fall.

Mr. Black would seem to be overawed by the Kremlin's abilities
and underestimating the historical imperative of oppression.
The more pressure used to contain a volatile reaction beyond the
point of the ultimate strength of the container, the more
violent the explosion when it happens and the harder it is to
put the pieces back together afterwards.

The communist model of revolution (also used by anarchists,
theocrats, and other revolutionaries) is to actually increase
the amount of oppression so as to increase the amount of support
for the revolution.  They do this by provoking retaliation from
the regime, which typically is stupid enough to hurt so many
innocents directly through injury or indirectly through more
oppression that the revolutionaries score a net gain.  Look at
the way the government of Sri Lanka is dealing with Tamil
terrorists.  Look at the way the Contras in Nicaragua are
maiming people.  Look at the way the Russians are destroying
whole villages in Afghanistan.  Contrast this with the way the
British successfully combatted the Communists in Malaysia by
going into the jungles and beating them at their own game
without massive harm to civilian populations.

Blind support for the white rulers of S.A. only plays into the
hands of the communists.  It is necessary to defuse the
situation.  The government there should be supported to some
extent since it does represent a force in favor of law and order
which is necessary for an orderly and relatively peaceful
transition and to avoid revolution.  However, it should only be
supported to the extent that it is improving laws in such a way
as to make that evolution possible and at a sufficient rate that
is not a joke (as it currently is).  The majority of the whites
there do not understand that that evolution is necessary and
that real progress must be made.

> For the next year we'll have to watch the bloodbath on NBC Nightly
> News.  And we'll have a flood of white South African refugees
> heading for our shores.  I can see the scenario as they arrive.
> "You're not Black or Asian, and we don't consider the African
> National Congress an oppressive government.  Therefore, you
> cannot stay.  Back on the boats, you pro-Nazi swine!"

Mr. Black underestimates the compassion of the U.S. for refugees
from any oppressive regime.  If he thinks that the scenario he
imagines is sufficiently likely and disturbs him sufficiently he
can do those people a favour by starting now to organize a
relief effort that will be in place when needed.

>      We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.

This is news?

>      Once South Africa is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest
> assured that the Communist/Nazi/Internationalists will start
> the final assault against us.  The Order of Battle is already
> written.
>
>      Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more left.

We have many left.  The government of S.A. will not fall for a
long time.  When it does, it is not a certainty that S.A. will
be securely in the Soviet Bloc.  Even if it were, it is not a
certainty that the "Communist/Nazi/Internationalists" will be
ready to move against the U.S. directly.  They might well have
their hands full with the Eastern Europeans, the Muslim
republics in the USSR, and the Chinese.  They may wish to attack
Western Europe or South America first.  The "Order of Battle"
changes all the time.

If Mr. Black's sleep is perturbed, he has many opportunities.
One is of course to use the net to persuade people of the
danger.  This he is doing, but black@pundit overstates his case,
thereby losing some of the effectiveness of his argument.

If the Republic of South Africa is the key domino that Mr.
Black feels it is, perhaps he is wasting his time here.  Perhaps
he should move there and work for the government or the army or
the police force.  Perhaps he could use his computer expertise to
enhance the power of the police state with database technology
or real-time systems.  He could strengthen the security systems
that are set up to lock down the townships by cutting off all
the water, sewage, power, and telephones that go through
convenient single points.

On the other hand, Mr. Black may wish to go there to strengthen
the forces of freedom and democracy.  He may wish to educate
blacks about constitutional processes.  He may wish to train
negotiators of all races so as to defuse the dynamics of the
situation.  He may wish to help the whites understand that the
blacks are not intellectually inferior (a cornerstone of the
justification of apartheid -- the government doesn't trust the
tribes to be able to participate).  He can persuade people here
to emigrate to S.A. to strengthen the bastion.  Alternatively he
can go to South Africa and attempt to persuade people of the
necessity to leave while they can.

I was born in Johannesberg.  My parents did the best possible
thing they could have done for me by emigrating to Canada when I
was 3 1/2 years old.  After the Sharpville massacre they said
"South Africa is no place to raise children".  I have only to
compare the attitudes of my relatives who moved to Australia and
those who remain in South Africa.  The latter have a simplistic
view of the world that has not grown as it would in the North
American environment of free-er press.

js2j@mhuxt.UUCP (sonntag) (08/14/85)

>      I see the Communists had a big parade in Washington yesterday (Monday,
> 12 August).

    Really?  (Notice the first of this poor guy's delusions.  Of course
everyone else knows that no communist organization staged a march in
Washington yesterday, but Don remains convinced otherwise.  )

>Mayor Koch was there, Jesse Jackson was there, Coretta Scott King
> was there---what a crowd!

    Now this has to be false, since yesterdays news clearly stated that Mayor
Koch was at the anti-apartheid march, *NOT* at any march for communists.
Apparently Don thinks that anyone who opposes the SA government's brutal
reign of terror must be a communist.  After all, what loyal american would
be opposed to government approved, racially motivated repression?

>    What we're watching is the beginning of the end of freedom in South Africa.

    The end of the SA government's freedom to repress the majority of the
people making up that country, yes.  Yeah!

> The US had a trusted allie in South Africa, one of the last bastions of anti-
> communism.  Now we're giving them the blade in the back.

    Let's see, 'blade in the back.'  Where have I heard that line before?  I
can't seem to recall, so it must have been a long time ago.  Perhaps as long
as 40-50 years.

> ... Then fall South Africa!"

    Nice sentiments, Don!  I'm glad to see you're recovering your rationality.

>      But South Africa's demise was inevitable.  The Kremlin decreed that South
> Africa was one of two jewels that must fall to Internationalist Communism.
> And so it will fall.

    But apparently his recovery was only temporary.  Oh, well.

>  For the next year we'll have to watch the bloodbath on
> NBC Nightly News.

     Oooooh!  How horrid!  If they had any decency, those SA blacks would
stop their revolting practice, and put their chains back on, just to spare
our delicate sensibilities.

>  And we'll have a flood of white South African refugees
> heading for our shores.  I can see the scenario as they arrive.  "You're not
> Black or Asian, and we don't consider the African National Congress an
> oppressive government.  Therefore, you cannot stay.  Back on the boats, you
> pro-Nazi swine!"

     You think maybe we should welcome those pro-Nazi swine with open arms?

>     We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.  Once South Africa
> is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest assured that the Communist/Nazi/Inter-
> nationalists will start the final assault against us.  The Order of Battle is
> already written.

     Maybe you could post it to the net, Don, so we could all get a look at it.

>      Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more left.
>      --Don Black

     'Too many more' of what left, Don?  Places where white men reign supreme
over the other inferior races?
--
Jeff Sonntag
ihnp4!mhuxt!js2j

carnes@gargoyle.UUCP (Richard Carnes) (08/14/85)

Don Black, the un-Nazi, writes:

> We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.  Once South
> Africa is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest assured that the
> Communist/Nazi/Internationalists will start the final assault
> against us.  The Order of Battle is already written.
>
> Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more [nights] left.

I have recently learned from my contacts in the KGB that the
Communist takeover of the US has been postponed until the end of the
Reagan Administration or the end of the world whichever comes first,
so Don can relax his eternal vigilance for a while at least.
Frankly, the Kremlin leaders have no stomach for the encounter as
long as a real man is in the White House (or on his ranch) and they
are waiting until the likes of Fritz or Teddy occupies the Oval
Office.

In a spirit of fraternity and patriotism (and the possibility of
making a lot of money), I'd like to offer the following advice to
Don, for whatever it's worth.  During the coming takeover attempt,
the people who are likely to cause the most damage are left-wing
types like myself, who are likely to turn quisling and give aid and
comfort to the wrong side.  It is extremely important to keep an eye
on such people, so some kind of surveillance and/or preventive
detention should be initiated.  And if the government won't do it,
then it's up to you and your friends, Don -- after all, what is more
important, obeying the letter of the law or preserving American
liberties?  In any case, I'd be happy to give you a list of the names
and addresses of my left-wing friends in return for a suitably large
sum of money (since after all I am well paid by the KGB) and safe
conduct to a secure location in Latin America.  Betraying friends, of
course, is all in a day's work for us leftists.

One of the most insidious ways in which we try to weaken America's
will to resist is through propaganda and disinformation (Usenet, of
course, is of great value in this regard).  There is now an
organization, Accuracy in Academia (an offshoot of Accuracy in
Media), that is trying to combat the lies, distortions, and other
filth with which leftist professors attempt to enlist American
students in the cause of Marxism.  Members of AIA sit in on classes
taught by known leftists and, if they believe that the course is
slanted towards the left or subversive of traditional American
values, they publish their findings and perhaps bring other forms of
pressure to bear on the professor.  It's refreshing to learn of a
group that has understood the true nature of scholarship in our
universities (particularly my university, a well-known Communist
front).  If anyone has any more information on AIA, I would like to
hear from you.  To sum up, my advice to Don and his fellow
freedom-lovers is to keep a close watch on those who think
un-American thoughts or advocate un-American activities.

Some of you may be wondering what the Soviets hope to gain by taking
over the US.  I wondered about this myself for a long time until one
of my KGB friends told me that AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE LARGER BREASTS
THAN SOVIET WOMEN.  There is no Soviet Dolly Partonova; Soviet men's
mags have centerfolds of tractors and backhoes.  Just imagine your
wife, girlfriend, or sister in the embrace of a Communist, whenever
your will to resist begins to weaken.

Finally, if you care about our precious bodily fluids, don't forget
fluoridation.  Is one of our plots, comrade.

Richard Carnes, ihnp4!gargoyle!carnes

todd@SCIRTP.UUCP (Todd Jones) (08/15/85)

>   What we're watching is the beginning of the end of freedom in South Africa.

FREEDOM IN SOUTH AFRICA? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

>   We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.  Once South Africa
> is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest assured that the Communist/Nazi/Inter-
> nationalists will start the final assault against us.  The Order of Battle is
> already written.
>
>      Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more left.
>
>      --Don Black

...and I thought the John Birch Society was dead!

-todd jones

3215rfs@mtuxo.UUCP (r.soyack) (08/15/85)

I think the problem that we might face in the event of a commie/pinko/nazi/klan
take over attempt.  Many of our citizen may aid the enemy without knowing it.
This could be serious.

After careful consideration I believe that the only way to stop this is for every
other person in the country to commit suicide.  That is, half of the country.
If this does no help then the other half of the country should commit suicide.
Remember   "Better dead than paisley."

																Thanks in advance
																Rich

scott@SCIRTP.UUCP (Scott Crenshaw) (08/15/85)

> The US had a trusted allie in South Africa, one of the last bastions of anti-
> communism.  Now we're giving them the blade in the back.  "Et tu, Brute?  Then
> fall South Africa!"
>
>      But South Africa's demise was inevitable.  The Kremlin decreed that South
> Africa was one of two jewels that must fall to Internationalist Communism.
> And so it will fall.  For the next year we'll have to watch the bloodbath on
> NBC Nightly News.  And we'll have a flood of white South African refugees
> heading for our shores.  I can see the scenario as they arrive.  "You're not
> Black or Asian, and we don't consider the African National Congress an
> oppressive government.  Therefore, you cannot stay.  Back on the boats, you
> pro-Nazi swine!"

	We don't have to lose a trusted "allie". Not if we're smart. If
we admit our mistake and come out with whole-hearted support for the blacks
in South Africa , we have a good chance of remaining on friendly terms with
them . If we don't , can you blame them for turning to the Soviets ?
	"Sure,", we'll tell them,
"we supported the regime that denied you basic human
liberties. Sure, we were one of the few friends that the ruling minority
of your country had in the world . And sure, we stood by and watched while
you were murdered because you decided not to take it lying down. "But ," we'll
say , "we want to be your friends now that you're in power. After all,
all's well that ends well." Sure.
	But do we really want to do this ?  After all, don't we want
what South Africa has ?  A government of the minority . By the minority.
For the minority.  But the color of the minority is reversed here in the good
ol' US of A .  Hmm. Then the new government of South Africa will also get
a chance to show its principles.  Hmmm.

--
(Scott Crenshaw @ SCI Systems , Inc.)  {akgua,decvax}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!scott
	The views expressed are my own, not necessaraly those of SCI Systems,

oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) (08/16/85)

>We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.  Once South Africa
>is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest assured that the Communist/Nazi/Inter-
>nationalists will start the final assault against us.

    1.  He forgot Zionists.  Why?  This kind of mistake is not typical
of Comrade Black.

    2.   I  don't  believe it.  He says aloud what he considers truth,
insofar as his superiors will let him know it, knowing  that  by  that
very  token  we  will believe the opposite, laying ourselves ever more
open to subversion.  Is there no end to the man's resourcefulness?  Is
there a weapon which will stop him?
--
Oded Feingold	{decvax, harvard, mit-eddie}!mitvax!oaf	    oaf%oz@mit-mc.ARPA
MIT AI Laboratory    545 Tech Square    Cambridge, Mass. 02139    617-253-8598

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/16/85)

In article <151@gargoyle.UUCP> carnes@gargoyle.UUCP (Richard Carnes) writes:
>I have recently learned from my contacts in the KGB that the
>Communist takeover of the US has been postponed until the end of the
>Reagan Administration...

I told you not to tell.

>In any case, I'd be happy to give you a list of the names and addresses
>of my left-wing friends in return for a suitably large sum of money
>(since after all I am well paid by the KGB) and safe conduct to a secure
>location in Latin America.  Betraying friends, of course, is all in a
>day's work for us leftists.

We'll get you for this.

>Some of you may be wondering what the Soviets hope to gain by taking
>over the US.  I wondered about this myself for a long time until one
>of my KGB friends told me that AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE LARGER BREASTS
>THAN SOVIET WOMEN.

This is not true! Pravda recently reported that Soviet women are at
least 5.928% better looking than their imperialist-oppressor
counterparts. American women are either getting fat off the products of
the proloteriet, or they are workers themselves - chained by America's
oppressive class system.

On the other hand, Soviet women enjoy many hours of leisure, free to
make themselves beautiful for the benefit of the Russian men.

We know where you live, Comrade Carnes!

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

kurtzman@uscvax.UUCP (Stephen Kurtzman) (08/17/85)

>      I see the Communists had a big parade in Washington yesterday (Monday,
> 12 August).  Mayor Koch was there, Jesse Jackson was there, Coretta Scott King
> was there---what a crowd!
>
>      What we're watching is the beginning of the end of freedom in South Africa.
> The US had a trusted allie in South Africa, one of the last bastions of anti-
> communism.  Now we're giving them the blade in the back.  "Et tu, Brute?  Then
> fall South Africa!"
>
>      But South Africa's demise was inevitable.  The Kremlin decreed that South
> Africa was one of two jewels that must fall to Internationalist Communism.
> And so it will fall.  For the next year we'll have to watch the bloodbath on
> NBC Nightly News.  And we'll have a flood of white South African refugees
> heading for our shores.  I can see the scenario as they arrive.  "You're not
> Black or Asian, and we don't consider the African National Congress an
> oppressive government.  Therefore, you cannot stay.  Back on the boats, you
> pro-Nazi swine!"
>
>      We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.  Once South Africa
> is securely in the Soviet Bloc, rest assured that the Communist/Nazi/Inter-
> nationalists will start the final assault against us.  The Order of Battle is
> already written.
>
>      Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more left.
>
>      --Don Black

Mr. Black, why is everything a communist plot? You sound like the little
boy crying wolf. If this is a communist plot submit evidence. Remember
what happened when the little boy cried wolf too many times? I am afraid
that due to people frothing at the mouth over commies under every table
I can no longer take claims of communist threat seriously. Quite frankly
there is so much disinformation spread by right-wing fanatics that the
truth can't be discerned.

As for South Africa being free: you must be joking! The majority of the
people in South Africa do not even have citizenship. They are denied
access to the political mechanisms in the country. They have no method
of petitioning the government for a redress of grievances. So what does
Botha do yesterday? Offers the possibility of citizenship to blacks in
one breath and denies access to the political mechanisms in another
(he said he is opposed to "one man, one vote"). What is citizenship
if you are denied the rights of citizenship?

Lastly, your implication that Koch, Coretta Scott King, and Jesse Jackson
are communists is beneath contempt. If you have evidence - present it;
if not - just work yourself up into a frenzy and hurt yourself, but don't
call people names. Instead of trying to smear these people, why did you
not just present the evidence that Koch, King, and Jackson protested
the practices in South Africa that violate the inalienable rights of
man? Why didn't you say that these people were calling for the government
of South Africa to adopt the principles which Thomas Jefferson called
self-evident? (Remember? "We hold these truths to be self-evident ...).

bill@persci.UUCP (08/20/85)

In article <319@SCIRTP.UUCP> todd@SCIRTP.UUCP (Todd Jones) writes:
>> [...]
>FREEDOM IN SOUTH AFRICA? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
>
>> [...]
>
>...and I thought the John Birch Society was dead!
>
>-todd jones

A very well-reasoned and moving rebuttal from Mr. Todd Jones, who, elsewhere
in this newsgroup, is constantly urging people to remain on the topic.
--

polard@fortune.UUCP (Henry Polard) (08/21/85)

In article <151@gargoyle.UUCP> carnes@gargoyle.UUCP (Richard Carnes) writes:
>One of the most insidious ways in which we try to weaken America's
>will to resist is through propaganda and disinformation (Usenet, of
>course, is of great value in this regard).
I overheard one of your fellow operatives chortle that Bible readings in
the schools will be replaced by selected readings from net.flame.  I
was laughed at by the incredulous FBI.

--
Henry Polard (You bring the flames - I'll bring the marshmallows.)
{ihnp4,cbosgd,amd}!fortune!polard

berman@psuvax1.UUCP (Piotr Berman) (08/21/85)

>      I see the Communists had a big parade in Washington yesterday (Monday,
> 12 August).  Mayor Koch was there, Jesse Jackson was there, Coretta Scott King
> was there---what a crowd!

OHOHO!  Koch, communist.  A preacher + preacher's widow, communists.
Don Black, are you also a communist?

>    What we're watching is the beginning of the end of freedom in South Africa.

End of what? Freedom?  Freedom to have censorship?  Freedom to have penalties
of bannining (you cannot be quoted, you cannot meet more than two persons
at the same time etc.).  Freedom to apply permission to leave your reservasion?

>      But South Africa's demise was inevitable.  The Kremlin decreed that South
> Africa was one of two jewels that must fall to Internationalist Communism.
> And so it will fall.  For the next year we'll have to watch the bloodbath on
> NBC Nightly News.

Now I know.  Soviets designed idiotic policies of Botha and others.

>    We, the Good Ol' U. S. of A., are next on the Hit List.
>      Sleep well tonight.  We don't have too many more left.
>      --Don Black

Now I started to believe that Don is a Soviet biggy.  How he could know
otherwise the order on the Hit List?  Also, his definition of freedom is
similar to the Soviet one (freedom to censorship, arbitrary arrest etc.).

Piotr Berman

judith@proper.UUCP (Judith Abrahms) (08/22/85)

In article <> carnes@gargoyle.UUCP (Richard Carnes) writes:

>Some of you may be wondering what the Soviets hope to gain by taking
>over the US.  I wondered about this myself for a long time until one
>of my KGB friends told me that AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE LARGER BREASTS
>THAN SOVIET WOMEN.  There is no Soviet Dolly Partonova; Soviet men's
>mags have centerfolds of tractors and backhoes.  Just imagine your
>wife, girlfriend, or sister in the embrace of a Communist, whenever
>your will to resist begins to weaken.

And I'll just imagine my husband, boyfriend, or brother in the embrace of a
TRACTOR!!!

judith@proper.UUCP (Judith Abrahms) (08/22/85)

In article <> carnes@gargoyle.UUCP (Richard Carnes) writes:

>Some of you may be wondering what the Soviets hope to gain by taking
>over the U.S.  I wondered about this myself for a long time until one
>of my KGB friends told me that AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE LARGER BREASTS
>THAN SOVIET WOMEN.  There is no Soviet Dolly Partonova; Soviet men's
>mags have centerfolds of tractors and backhoes.  Just imagine your
>wife, girlfriend, or sister in the embrace of a Communist, whenever
>your will to resist begins to weaken.

And I'll just imagine my husband, boyfriend, or brother in the embrace of a
TRACTOR!!!

jpd@kepler.UUCP (John Donovan) (08/23/85)

Oad--the spleen has a logic of which the cortex is ignorant. Don
is not only marching to a different drummer, he knows that your
drummer is a commie!

Besides, don't you think it is time that someone told Don the truth?
Don, it's true: Everyone around the world who is politically to the
right of Jerry Falwell is taking direct orders from their handlers in
Moscow.  You've always suspected it, now I'm here to tell you that it
is true.  Unless, of course, my spymasters have ordered me to spread
disinformation...you never know for sure, do you?...

gene@batman.UUCP (Gene Mutschler) (08/29/85)

> 	We don't have to lose a trusted "allie". Not if we're smart. If
> we admit our mistake and come out with whole-hearted support for the blacks
> in South Africa , we have a good chance of remaining on friendly terms with
> them .

I see.  We are going to defeat the communists in the African National
Congress by being nice to them.  This, I take it, is the REAL constructive
engagement.
--
Gene Mutschler             {ihnp4 seismo ctvax}!ut-sally!batman!gene
Burroughs Corp.