[net.politics] Reply to a cheap shot

black@pundit.DEC (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) (09/03/85)

>Subject: Re: I'm pissed at DEC!  I want blood and death!
>
>> In article <273@rruxe.UUCP>, bsisrs@rruxe.UUCP (R. Schiraldi) writes:
>> >You are surprized at the attitude of DEC people when they employ the
>> >likes of Ken Arndt??
>> And don't forget, Don Black!
>
>	Don Black works for DEC ??
>I would think that the (toilet) training
>costs for him would outway the tax credits
>they get for employing a disabled citizen !

     And you jerks call yourselves Professionals?????

     Oh, I see.  It's OK for children to get on this toy and spout all sorts
of Leftist-Liberal-New-Age-Thinking hogwash, use filthy and obscene language
with impunity, criticize and threaten employees of large corporations, and
demand the censorship of those with whom they disagree.  But it's totally
unacceptable for a person of an opposite political or religious persuasion
to speak his mind with equal fervor.

     But rather than be professional and accept the fact that employees of
large bread-and-butter corporations have rights, you wimps heap cow manure
on the corporation, expecting it to achieve the censorship that you cannot
accomplish yourselves.

     This is EXACTLY the type of utter hypocracy that I have commented on
in previous net submissions.  Freedom of Speech applies only to Left-wingers.
Freedom of the Press exists only if the material conforms to establishment
media lines.  Freedom of Religion exists only if the church belongs to the
National Council of Churches.  Freedom of Expression exists only if it doesn't
piss off snotty little minority groups.

     I make no apologies.  Clamor for my silence all you want.  If you dare.

     --Don Black

gene@batman.UUCP (Gene Mutschler) (09/04/85)

>      This is EXACTLY the type of utter hypocracy that I have commented on
> in previous net submissions.  Freedom of Speech applies only to Left-wingers.
> Freedom of the Press exists only if the material conforms to establishment
> media lines.  Freedom of Religion exists only if the church belongs to the
> National Council of Churches.  Freedom of Expression exists only if it doesn't
> piss off snotty little minority groups.

I've noticed the same thing and even developed a catchy little phrase to
describe the phenomenon: "Freedom for me...but not for thee".
--
Gene Mutschler             {ihnp4 seismo ctvax}!ut-sally!batman!gene
Burroughs Corp.

oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) (09/05/85)

>>		     ******************************
>>	You are surprized at the attitude of DEC people when
>>	they employ the likes of Ken Arndt??
>>	And don't forget, Don Black!
>>		     ******************************
>>		Don Black works for DEC ??
>>	I would think that the (toilet) training
>>	costs for him would outway the tax credits
>>	they get for employing a disabled citizen !
>>		     ******************************

>     And you jerks call yourselves Professionals?????	[DON BLACK]
    In this case, I am 100% behind Comrade Black.  The treatment he  has
received, in snide and cowardly references, is stupid and pointless.  It
isn't that anybody's rights  are  being  violated,  since  none  of  the
contributors  involved  has the power to shut him up.  But this class of
"argument" is frivolous and counterproductive.  It increases  the  man's
stature  and believability, and lessens the impact of ANYONE'S arguments
against him.  I for one do not wish to be identified with such  childish
outbursts.

    If any bona-fides are necessary, I'll note that I consider Don Black
a professional spreader of disinformation, unfortunately out of  control
and of unsound methods.  It seems to me that any rational directorate in
KGB would terminate his assignment.  Clearly,  this  has  not  happened;
perhaps  his  continuing  postings  epitomize my faulty understanding of
Soviet strategy.  Be he right or wrong for our friends in  the  Kremlin,
he  is not a buffoon.  People treating him as one do themselves (and us)
a great disservice.  Kindly desist!

>     	I make no apologies.  Clamor for my silence all you want.
>	If you dare.
>						     --Don Black
    It is unclear whether Mr. Black  is  more  dangerous  in  public  or
private.  Those wishing his "silence" would be well advised to adopt the
methods he himself espouses.  Those require courage and  dedication  not
evident in the silly postings we have seen recently.

    I have no doubt he knows whereof he speaks.   Details to follow.
--

Oded Feingold     MIT AI Lab.   545 Tech Square    Cambridge, Mass. 02139
OAF%OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA   {harvard, ihnp4!mit-eddie}!mitvax!oaf   617-253-8598

jpd@kepler.UUCP (John Donovan) (09/06/85)

For once, Don (and probably only once), I agree with you.  That attack
*was* a hypocritical cheap shot.

While I find most of what you propound pretty offensive, you've got a
right to sound off.  To paraphrase Thomas Paine, I may disagree with
everything you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to rant.
That was important enough that they made it the *first* amendment.

--
----
... John Donovan, MicroPro Technical Communications

laura@l5.uucp (Laura Creighton) (09/07/85)

 John Donovan writes:
	 To paraphrase Thomas Paine, I may disagree with
	 everything you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to rant.

I thought that the source of this quote was Voltaire. Did Paine use it as well,
or am I just confuzzed?

--

Laura Creighton		(note new address!)
sun!l5!laura		(that is ell-five, not fifteen)

scott@scirtp.UUCP (Scott Crenshaw) (09/10/85)

> >	Don Black works for DEC ??
> >I would think that the (toilet) training
> >costs for him would outway the tax credits
> >they get for employing a disabled citizen !
>
>      And you jerks call yourselves Professionals?????
>
>      Oh, I see.  It's OK for children to get on this toy and spout all sorts
> of Leftist-Liberal-New-Age-Thinking hogwash, use filthy and obscene language
> with impunity, criticize and threaten employees of large corporations, and
> demand the censorship of those with whom they disagree.  But it's totally
> unacceptable for a person of an opposite political or religious persuasion
> to speak his mind with equal fervor.

	You missed the point entirely !  I don't want you censored. I simply
stated that I disagree with your opinions and think they are ridiculous
creations of a demented, tiny (or non-existent) mind.

	I also think you're trying to make a martyr out of yourself. When
people disagree with you , you scream "KNEE-JERK-HYPOCRITE CENSORSHIP !!"
That garbage.  Grow up.
--
	   Scott Crenshaw		{akgua,decvax}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp
	   SCI Systems , Inc. 		Research Triangle Park, NC

The views represented may or may not be those of my employer.