[net.politics] The Pot and the Kettle

black@pundit.DEC (DON BLACK DTN 261-2739 MS: NIO/N13 LOC: POLE C6) (09/10/85)

Say, guys---

     You haven't had your chains yanked in a couple of days, so here goes.

     Did you ever hear the story about the Pot calling the Kettle black?

From the Desk of Oded Feingold (speaking on the subject of "Right Wing
Extremists"):

>The people  who
>undertake  their  depredations  are not the Blacks and the Wickstroms,
>but the poor psychos who really believe.  Because  they  are  amassing
>automatic weapons, they are becoming a match, in individual cases, for
>local police departments.  In future, they can  be  expected  to  grow
>stronger,  and  engage in raids, robberies, assassinations, attacks on
>synagogues (which are already  taking  place,  for  example)  and  the
>issuance  of vigilante "justice," ....

     Nope, they sure ain't the Blacks and the Wickstroms.  Black and Wickstrom
are smart enough not to pull off the dumb stunts that our detractors do.

     Here's a prime example of what we can expect, taken from the September
1985 issue of the "Christian Patiriot Crusader," from Pastor Jack Mohr,
113 Ballentine St., Bay St. Louis, MS 39520:

     "On the night of June 4th-5th, 1985, the office building in which the
German-American National Political Office has its headquarters, was attacked
by professional arsonists.  The most important aspect of the whole incident
is that the attack on GANPAC was a non-event as far as the news media was
concerned.  Did any of you read about it in your local newspaper or see it
mentioned on national TV?  Of course not!  Why would the controlled media
want you to know about some little incident such as this, especially since
it was directed against those "bad Germans" we have been hearing so much
about.  Of course, the fact that the Jewish Defense League called in and
bragged that they had done the job had nothing to do with this, now
did it?  Just imagine the headlines and the screaming which would have
taken place, if one of the ADL offices had been bombed and someone had
called in and said:  'I'm a German and I did it to those blankety-blank
Jews.'

     "Strangely enough, the New York Times carried an article on [a]
terrorist attack which took place in Pakistan on the same day, but they were
careful to omit the one which took place in Santa Monica, California.  So
much for the newspaper which prints 'all the news which is fit to print!'"

     (The article continues for a page and a half about the aftermath and
cleanup.)

     (By the way, don't bother sending me "flames."  Send them to Pastor Mohr,
if you dare.)

     Let's add to that the incident in West Roxbury, Massachusetts, that
almost killed a Boston Police Officer last month.  It seems that the local
cell of the JDL planted a pipe bomb on the steps of the offices of an
Arab ethnic group on Center St. in West Roxbury, an affluent village of the
City of Boston.  The device was discovered before it detonated, and the
Boston Police Bomb Squad responded.  As an officer was placing the weapon
into a cart for disposal, it detonated, causing severe injuries to his
hands and face.

     Now I ask you, who is engaged in vigilantism?  Who is engaged in
violence?  Who uses implements of destruction?  Who's blacker, the
kettle or the pot?

     I tell you what, Good People---the Jewish Defense League and its smaller
cohort, the Jewish Defense Organization, are two of the best allies that the
Radical Right ever had.  They make it very, very easy for us to present our
case.

     --Don Black

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The standard disclaimers apply.  Insert your own favorite saying here.

jim@ISM780B.UUCP (09/14/85)

>     I tell you what, Good People---the Jewish Defense League and its smaller
>cohort, the Jewish Defense Organization, are two of the best allies that the
>Radical Right ever had.  They make it very, very easy for us to present our
>case.
>
>     --Don Black

The JDL and the JDO *are* part of the radical right.  I dare you to call any
JDL'er a leftist to his face.  When it comes to red baiting and racism,
they are in complete agreement with you.  Like you, they lump everyone
who disagrees with them together.  Like you, their righteousness blinds them.
The only thing they have to do with jews on the left is that they are jewish.
That you identify the political position of people based on their religion
illustrates your foolish prejudice.

-- Jim Balter (ima!jim)

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (09/16/85)

In article <39000006@ISM780B.UUCP> jim@ISM780B.UUCP writes:

> >     I tell you what, Good People---the Jewish Defense League and its smaller
> >cohort, the Jewish Defense Organization, are two of the best allies that the
> >Radical Right ever had.  They make it very, very easy for us to present our
> >case.
> >
> >     --Don Black
>
> The JDL and the JDO *are* part of the radical right.  I dare you to call any
> JDL'er a leftist to his face.  When it comes to red baiting and racism,
> they are in complete agreement with you.  Like you, they lump everyone
> who disagrees with them together.  Like you, their righteousness blinds them.
> The only thing they have to do with jews on the left is that they are jewish.
> That you identify the political position of people based on their religion
> illustrates your foolish prejudice.
>
> -- Jim Balter (ima!jim)

A resounding refutation, worthy of resounding applause!  Damn, I wish I had
said it.

I rarely praise notes except by mail, but I am impressed by this clear
solution of condemning both disliked groups by the same criteria, rather
than appearing to appease one by condemning the other while trying not
to besmirch innocents.
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh