[net.politics] net.peace

szyld@duke.UUCP (Daniel B. Szyld) (09/13/85)

I send my definite YES for the net.peace. It sounds like a very useful
forum and I don't think it will add much traffic to the network, it may just
divert some from other newsgroups. GO FOR IT!
--

Daniel B. Szyld, Dept.of Computer Science, Duke University,
Durham NC 27706-2591. Phone (919) 684-3048. Telex 802829 DUKTELCOM DURM

jpd@kepler.UUCP (John Donovan) (09/17/85)

In article <6288@duke.UUCP>, szyld@duke.UUCP (Daniel B. Szyld) writes:
> I send my definite YES for the net.peace. It sounds like a very useful
> forum and I don't think it will add much traffic to the network, it may just
> divert some from other newsgroups. GO FOR IT

Thanks for the vote, but I am folding my tent and going for a mailing
list instead.  Despite a very positive response, Lauren and Uncle Chucqui
still haven't stopped fibrillating about the impending demise of Usenet
since I broached the subject; and Mr. Spafford to the south of you
informs me that it is a breach of Southern law to carry net.peace (which
I am quite prepared to believe). When 3 of the 4 negative votes are
the Powers That Be, I fold my hand.

Anyway, that is as pissy as I intend to get on the subject.  I understand
the traffic problem on Usenet; and, as a new kid on the block, I'll play by
the rules, whatever my opinion of how they are administered.

In any case, I am looking into setting up a peace mailing list on the
Well.  Would anyone reading this who is interested please contact me by email
to sign up for and help me along with setting this up.

Thanks for the support.

----John

--
----
... John Donovan, MicroPro Technical Communications