[net.politics] Don Black sticks it in his ear from Occupied America

shindman@utcs.uucp (Paul Shindman) (09/24/85)

In article <502@decwrl.UUCP> black@pundit.DEC (DON BLACK) writes:

>     Somebody on the net tried to start a discussion recently about "what if
>the US really were a Christian Nation?"  Originally, it was.

Ah yes...Don Black and the way he twists the truth to pattern match his
own warped mind...
America was originally a nation of nations - *Indian nations*.

Seems to me that Don Black wants to ignore the fact that history goes
back more than a few hundred years, before the time of the Christian invasion.

A few hundred years ago, the white Christians from Europe invaded North
America. At the time, the land was populated by *many* nations of
aboriginal people who had (and still do) lived on this continent
for *thousands* of years.

The white Christian invaders, of whom Don Black is descended, proceeded
to attempt cultural genocide on the Indians by converting them and,
of course, by killing them (men, women, children) since they were only
savages who would not accept Christ.  These same Christians stole the land
that belonged (and still does, depending on your opinion) to these *true*
americans, and enslaved the Indians on "reservations" to get them out of
the way (by this time it was too late to just massacre them all).

Originally the U.S.A. was never a "christian" nation. The Christian invaders
first had to occupy the Indian territory, then annex it and exploit it.
Don Black is a typical example of the prodigy of an illegal invasion of
Christians who committed attrocities that Black says are offensive -
for anyone else to commit, that is.

--
-----------------
Paul Shindman, U of T Computing Services, Toronto (416) 978-6878

rastaman@ihdev.UUCP (Herb Scyphozoan) (09/25/85)

In article <878@utcs.uucp> shindman@utcs.UUCP (Paul Shindman) writes:

>The white Christian invaders, of whom Don Black is descended, proceeded
>to attempt cultural genocide on the Indians by converting them and,
>of course, by killing them (men, women, children) since they were only
>savages who would not accept Christ.  These same Christians stole the land
>that belonged (and still does, depending on your opinion) to these *true*
>americans, and enslaved the Indians on "reservations" to get them out of
>the way (by this time it was too late to just massacre them all).

As they say, "Remember: Custer died for your sins."  Funny how people
forget the ugly parts of their own history.