[net.politics] Oaf rambles on.

black@pundit.DEC (America first, without apologies.) (10/03/85)

Subject: How a competent KGB operative does his job

>In article <767@mit-vax.UUCP> oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) writes:
>>>    It is unclear whether Mr. Black  is  more  dangerous  in  public  or
>>>private.  Those wishing his "silence" would be well advised to adopt the
>>>methods he himself espouses.  Those require courage and  dedication  not
>>>evident in the silly postings we have seen recently.

     Silly, OAF?  Come, now.  Be serious.  If they were silly, why do you so
vehemently oppose me?  Why do you not offer legitimate refutation, instead of
"Ad Hominems?"  Is it because there are no legitimate refutations to be
offered?

>>>    I have no doubt he knows whereof he speaks.   Details to follow.
>
>Details follow.  I am writing of the methods Mr. Black espouses.
>Consider the following sequence of postings:
>
>>	08/15/85	19:18:11 GMT
>>     	     As far as not convincing men of influence, sorry Chief,
>>	you're  too  late.   The  cat's  out  of the proverbial bag.
>>	Remember what happened to Congressman Larry  McDonald?   And
>>	WHY?					[Donald Black]

     McDonald is not the only one that knows what's happening in this country.

>		     ------------------------------
>    Well, the claim was that the USSR shot down KAL 007 in order to kill
>Larry McDonald, D-Georgia, and president of the John Birch Society.  The
>society, if I recall correctly, swore to avenge  itself.   But  all  the
>comedians were poking jokes that SAMANTHA SMITH should have been on that
>plane,  or  good  thing  she  wasn't,  or  whatever.   Even   the   most
>conservative  columnists  noted that "apologists for the Soviet position
>are lucky that Samantha Smith was not on the plane."
>
>App 1 week later than:				08/10/85	 12:41:11
>	hence approximately			08/17/85

     Be specific, Oaf.  Surely a person as articially intelligent as your-
self should be able to tell time with some degree of accuracy.

>>	What's really dangerous is that there's of couple of million
>>	people just like me, doing the same thing, only many of them
>>	are far more professional and far more dedicated.

     How many Viet Nam veterans do you know?  My experiences and military
skills are nothing compared to somebody who was a Green Beanie, for example.

>>	Sure I draw lightening.  I would be more dangerous if I  sat
>>	back  and  said  nothing.  Right now you know where I stand.
>>	If I were silent, you wouldn't know what anybody was up  to.

     Be grateful.  The more I say, the less I have time to do.

     Besides, while all the attention is drawn to myself, somebody else is
doing the "dirty work."

>		     ------------------------------
>    When  westerners  tell  secrets,  they  hide  behind thick walls and
>locked doors.  When Japanese tell  secrets,  they  open  the  doors  and
>windows  of  their  paper houses - they can see who approaches to listen
>in, and whoever observes them "knows" they can't  be  saying  things  he
>shouldn't  hear.   I don't doubt Donald Black would feel safe committing
>an outrage while publicly proclaiming the virtues of doing so.   What  a
>fine alibi, being "too obvious."

     Yup.  Worked well for Hitler, didn't it?  Didn't he say exactly what he
was going to do?  It was so ridiculous, nobody believed him.

>    By the way,  claims  that  others  are  far  more  professional  and
>dedicated than himself, I take with a certain grain of salt.

     See my previous comments about Green Beanies.

     Also by the way, you all might ask your respective Congressmen if they
know of a group called the Committee of the States.

>>	Date: Monday, 19 Aug 1985 05:34:52-PDT
>>    	     I don't really intend to convince anybody of who I  am,
>>	WHERE I'VE BEEN, or my religious/political beliefs.  To each
>>	his own.

     My past speaks for itself.

>		     ------------------------------
>    Indeed, Mr. Black.  You claim to be from  Cow  Hampshire,  but  your
>postings  show  GMT,  PDT  and  of course EDT datelines.  Tracking where
>you've been might be an interesting task.

     It's relatively easy to change the Date/Time group on an E-mail
message.  It's also relatively easy to change the To/From line.  Go ahead
and track me, Oaf.  Mail messages leave a trail through the systems.

>>	08/22/85	06:06:45-PDT
>>	Have a good  week.   I'm  on vacation until after Labor Day,
>>	and I've  temporarily  de-subscribed from  the net because I
>>	don't have the  disk space to store the net postings.
>		     ------------------------------
>    Three or four days later, poor Samantha Smith  was  killed  on  that
>little commuter plane.  Don Black is conveniently "on vacation," off the
>net, having recently fulminated about Larry McDonald,  for  no  apparent
>proximate reason.
>    Coincident?

     PURELY coincidental, Oaf.  Since the report of the DoT investigation
is a public document, I'm sure anybody with any amount of intelligence
should be able to see how stupid your allegations are.

>    Consider  the  context:  By itselt, the death of the young woman who
>wrote a peace message to Andropov, received a favorable reply,  and  was
>lionized on a sponsored tour of the USSR in 1972, makes little sense and
>deserves scant attention.

     Samantha was a gleam in her father's eye in 1972, Oaf.  Let's try
1982 for a little accuracy, something which you are not noted for.

     Her little jaunt was quite the propoganda coup, wasn't it?  Mighty
generous of Uncle Yuri, say what?

>    But  what  else  is  going  on in the world?  The Geneva disarmament
>talks are due to begin soon, and Gorbachev  is  about  to  set  out  the
>agenda  (and  initial bargaining positions) for his upcoming summit with
>Reagan.  Among other things, he would like to portray himself as the man
>of peace, Reagan as the man of war.  What better publicity coup than
>1			  Samantha Smith dies,
>2		      Pravda runs glowing eulogies
>3		of the "Little girl with the big heart,"
>4	 and Gorbachev personally sends a letter of condolence.
>5		    While Reagan threatens Nicaragua
>6		     and prepares for an ASAT test.
>7    			  Now who looks good?
>    Working vacation?
>
>    What  better  time  for your opportune absence, Comrade Black?  What
>better use for Samantha Smith, that her death serve your masters in  the
>Kremlin  as much as her life?  Someone still seems to have what it takes
>- we haven't yet found out what got the port  engine.   [Bomb?   Strela?
>A sawn-through component?  What else are you good at?]

     What else am I good in, Oaf?  Small arms, air assault, demolitions,
communications, cryptogaphy, sniper tactics, armor, crew-serviced weapons,
clandestine photography, meteorolgy, propoganda, etc.  You know, all the
good stuff an operative should know.  (Yes, including ComBloc weaponry.)

     Besides, why waste such an effort on such a small target?  It would
make more sense to me to go for bigger stakes.  Now, what would it take to
down an airliner?  Give me an M-21 at a kilometer, with less than 10 rounds.
While we're on the subject, aviators use "left" and "right" to avoid
confusion.  The engines are numbered from the far left to the far right.

     (You see, I had this model airplane kit from Revell, and a big hatpin,
and....  Reminds me of the day back in '56 that I sank my toy sailboat in
the bathtub.  The next morning, the Doria foundered off Nantucket. :-)  )

>    I  can't  say  we weren't warned:  Remember the closing paragraph of
>Don Black's memorial day posting.
>		     ------------------------------
>>	[Date:  05/31/85]
>>	Those of us who survived the Viet Nam era have  learned  the
>>	lessons  of  warmaking  all  too  well,  lessons we will not
>>	easily forget.  We will be more than happy to use our skills
>>	one more time to keep our Nation and People free.
>		     ------------------------------
>    Pardon me while I wonder which Nation, which People, how  to  define
>"free."

     Well, obviously, Oaf, your definition of freedom and my definition are
two different things.  I don't believe you know what freedom is.

>    Just   for   confirmation,  and  in  anticipation  of  violent  acts
>paralleling violent words, I sent e-mail asking if the man was  serious.
>The reply?
>		     ------------------------------
>>	06/11/85	04:36:23-PDT
>>	Surely "Comrade" Black jests not.
>>	Just wait until the manure strikes the rotating ventilator.
>		     ------------------------------
>    Well, I can't say I was disappointed.

     There's a time and a place for everything, Oaf.  Oh, by the way,
the original query (without any identifying signature) said simply
"Surely Comrade Black is jesting?"

     The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance.

     --Don Black

     "...dec-vax!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-pundit!black"
      VAXmail:  PUNDIT::BLACK

"...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving
their just powers from the consent of the governed.  That whenever any Form of
Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to
alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation
on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall
seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

  --Unamimously adopted in Congress, 4 July 1776

Posted:	Wed 2-Oct-1985 14:31
To:	ROLL::RHEA::DECWRL::"net.politics"