[net.politics] Reprisals against Terrorists.

dss00@amdahl.UUCP (dss00) (10/08/85)

I have two questions and would like to see net.people vote on them.

1. Do you support retaliation against perpetrators of acts of terrorism
   once they have been identified.

2. Should New Zealand bomb offices of the French Govt. agencies implicated
   in the sinking of the  Green Peace ship "Rainbow Warrior"?

--

Deepak S. Sabnis ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!dss00    (408) 746-6058

(Usual Disclaimer Here)

davew@shark.UUCP (Dave Williams) (10/09/85)

In article <2088@amdahl.UUCP> dss00@amdahl.UUCP (dss00) writes:
>I have two questions and would like to see net.people vote on them.
>

>1. Do you support retaliation against perpetrators of acts of terrorism
>   once they have been identified.
Absolutely!

>2. Should New Zealand bomb offices of the French Govt. agencies implicated
>   in the sinking of the  Green Peace ship "Rainbow Warrior"?

The bombings were not directed against the government of New Zealand. Green
Peace; however, should be allowed to festoon the Eiffel Tower with Save
The Whale buttons.-- Retailiation in this case would be seeing to it that
the perpetrators are identified and brought to justice and that compensation
be paid for the lost ship and to the family of the man who was killed in
the blast. Dealing with a Western Democracy, a segment of which has gone
paranoid, is different than dealing with a group of renegades that try to
influence public policy by terrorist acts.
--

                                    Dave Williams
                                    Tektronix, Inc.