[net.politics] Need Frank Zappa Quote! Slade Gordon in tears?

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (09/20/85)

Say, y'all may have heard of that monument to stupidity going on in the
nation's capital this week, where a bunch of congressmen's wives organized a
petition to have a warning label placed on the outside of record albums if
there is "satanic or sexual" material within ("Hey, Kids!  Learn how to
Raise the Devil with your latest Manhattan Transfer album!").  Well, seems
that Frank Zappa and John Denver went to speak against it (hopefully sitting
side-by-side -- I want a picture of that!).

Anyway, according to Morning Edition, "words were exchanged" between Zappa
and Congressman Slade ("Duh") Gordon, Washington State's own private shame
(hey, folks, don't blame me, I voted for someone else.  Frankly, I woulda
voted for a water buffalo before Slade...), one of the greatest
congressional cretins in the last 10 years.  This caused Slade to leave the
hearings (probably had to go look in a dictionary to figure out what Zappa
had called him). Unfortunately, they wouldn't mention what choice insults
Frank laid out;  anyone out there follow CBN or have a transcript, and would
be willing to share these?  It would be much appreciated...

         "Is that how a warped brain like
          your's gets its kicks? By planning the
          deaths of innocent people?"
                                        "No... by *causing* the deaths of
                                         innocent people."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (09/25/85)

> Say, y'all may have heard of that monument to stupidity going on in the
> nation's capital this week, where a bunch of congressmen's wives organized a
> petition to have a warning label placed on the outside of record albums if
> there is "satanic or sexual" material within ("Hey, Kids!  Learn how to
> Raise the Devil with your latest Manhattan Transfer album!").  Well, seems
> that Frank Zappa and John Denver went to speak against it (hopefully sitting
> side-by-side -- I want a picture of that!).

Yes, I heard that because of Zapperonie and his geek friends, that the general
IQ of Washington was lowered a good 50 points while they were there.  The only
difference between the Zapperonie types and mushrooms is that mushrooms don't
spurt out oral diarrhea.  The only similarities are their IQ's.  One thing the
geeks did learn from mushrooms is: feed'em bullshit and watch'em grow.
"It's not easy living with mushrooms you know; the dark, the damp, the cold
environment, kind of gets to your bones, and half the time they won't even
talk to ya, and when they do, it's over yer haid."

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (09/30/85)

I've been good for a long time.
I can't take it any more.
This is a flame. If you don't want to read it, DON'T.

In article <11843@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
>Yes, I heard that because of Zapperonie and his geek friends, that the general
>IQ of Washington was lowered a good 50 points while they were there.

Negative I.Q.'s are meaningless beyond your case, Ray.

>The only difference between the Zapperonie types and mushrooms is that
>mushrooms don't spurt out oral diarrhea.

There goes my theory that your are a mushroom.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"Ordinary F___ing people -- I hate 'em. Ordinary people spend their
	lives avoiding tense situations; repo man spends his life
	getting into tense situations."

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (10/04/85)

In article <11843@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
>> Say, y'all may have heard of that monument to stupidity going on in the
>> nation's capital this week, where a bunch of congressmen's wives organized a
>> petition to have a warning label placed on the outside of record albums if
>> there is "satanic or sexual" material within ("Hey, Kids!  Learn how to
>> Raise the Devil with your latest Manhattan Transfer album!").  Well, seems
>> that Frank Zappa and John Denver went to speak against it (hopefully sitting
>> side-by-side -- I want a picture of that!).
>>
>Yes, I heard that because of Zapperonie and his geek friends, that the general
>IQ of Washington was lowered a good 50 points while they were there.  The only
>difference between the Zapperonie types and mushrooms is that mushrooms don't
>spurt out oral diarrhea.  The only similarities are their IQ's.  One thing the
>geeks did learn from mushrooms is: feed'em bullshit and watch'em grow.
>"It's not easy living with mushrooms you know; the dark, the damp, the cold
>environment, kind of gets to your bones, and half the time they won't even
>talk to ya, and when they do, it's over yer haid."

I think this posting reveals the following things:

1. Ray Frank knows nothing about Frank Zappa, including his IQ.
2. Ray Frank has less creativity than the average third grader.  All slander
with no substantiation.
3. Ray Frank should probably keep from posting things like this, unless he
has something more interesting to say.
4. This posting should probably be in net.flame.
--
                  Al Schwartz
                  Pacesetter Systems, Inc.,  Sylmar, CA

aer@alice.UucP (A. E. Rosenberg) (10/07/85)

Following is an excerpt from the October 14 _New_Republic_. This is a really
great article anyway, appearing on page 12 of said issue, but anyway:

    "And I must admit that, like the kid in line in front of me, who
    had memorized all of Frank Zappa's liner notes and the 250 behind
    me, I was not thinking about the issues-- I wanted to see the
    rock 'n' roll hearing. Specifically, I wanted to see Frank Zappa
    and Dee Snider [lead singer of Twisted Sister] tee it up with the
    high priestess of non sequitur, Senator Paula Hawkins.

    "... 'Mr. Zappa, toy boxes may say, "Suitable for five to seven
    years of age, or eight to 15"... which gives you some guidance
    in toys for your child. Do you object to that?'

         'In a way I do. Because that means that somebody in an
    office someplace is making a decision about how smart my child is.;

         'Well... I'd be interested to see what toys your kids play
    with [ever had.]'

         'Why would you be interested?'

         'Just a point of interest.'

         'Well come on over to my house and I'll show 'em to you.'

D. Rosenberg @ Murray Hill ATT/BTL /\         "These are My Opinions."
[rest assured that material is copyrighted in one way or another by
 the New Republic.]                --
uucp: ..!ihnp4!alice!aer

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (10/08/85)

In article <775@psivax.UUCP> al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) writes:
>In article <11843@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
>
>>Yes, I heard that because of Zapperonie and his geek friends, that the general
>>IQ of Washington was lowered a good 50 points while they were there.  The only
>>difference between the Zapperonie types and mushrooms is that mushrooms don't
>>spurt out oral diarrhea.  The only similarities are their IQ's.  One thing the
>>geeks did learn from mushrooms is: feed'em bullshit and watch'em grow.
>>"It's not easy living with mushrooms you know; the dark, the damp, the cold
>>environment, kind of gets to your bones, and half the time they won't even
>>talk to ya, and when they do, it's over yer haid."
>
>I think this posting reveals the following things:
>
>1. Ray Frank knows nothing about Frank Zappa, including his IQ.
>2. Ray Frank has less creativity than the average third grader.  All slander
>with no substantiation.
>3. Ray Frank should probably keep from posting things like this, unless he
>has something more interesting to say.
>4. This posting should probably be in net.flame.

On points 1, 2, and 3. HEAR! HEAR! I heartily second that!

On point 4. I vehemently disagree. Irritating stupidity such as this does not
belong on any net. If Mr. Frank intended his comments to be sarcastic, then I
would retract my labeling of stupidity and instead remind Mr. Frank that
sarcasm is difficult to communicate via a printed medium. Sarcastic postings
need to be extremely well crafted in order to work. Since posters to the net
do not have the luxury of such means of communication as facial expression or
tone of voice, it becomes exceedingly tricky to successfully use sarcasm in
print.

On second thought, articles such as this do go down well in net.bizarre,
where there is a forum for sarcasm and/or stupidity. In net.bizarre, most
(I would hope all) readers know that everything they read needs to be taken
with a pound of salt. So if sarcasm was intended by Mr. Frank perhaps he should
post it there. (No disrespect or derision is intended against net.bizarre.
It is incredibly entertaining as long as it is approached with the right
attitude, which is, basically, anything goes, so don't let anything offend
you.)

If Mr. Frank was indeed serious in posting his article, I would suggest that
he do one or more of the following:

	1) Learn some tollerance

	2) Broaden his horizons (ie. don't assume that only his attitudes
	   are the proper ones)

        3) Refrain from posting under the influence (of whatever) (if indeed
	   he was)

        4) Not be insulting without a reason, and if he has one (or more)
	   state it (or them)

But enough from me.

				     Barth Richards
				     Tellabs, Inc.
				     Lisle, IL

				     "If God's up there, we're his excrement."
				     -Ron Geesin

kirsch@sjuvax.UUCP (P. Kirsch) (10/09/85)

In article <775@psivax.UUCP> al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) writes:
>In article <11843@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
>>> Say, y'all may have heard of that monument to stupidity going on in the
>>> nation's capital this week, where a bunch of congressmen's wives organized a
>>> petition to have a warning label placed on the outside of record albums if
>>> there is "satanic or sexual" material within ("Hey, Kids!  Learn how to
>>> Raise the Devil with your latest Manhattan Transfer album!").  Well, seems
>>> that Frank Zappa and John Denver went to speak against it (hopefully sitting
>>> side-by-side -- I want a picture of that!).
>>>
>>Yes, I heard that because of Zapperonie and his geek friends, that the general
>>IQ of Washington was lowered a good 50 points while they were there.  The only
>>difference between the Zapperonie types and mushrooms is that mushrooms don't
>>spurt out oral diarrhea.  The only similarities are their IQ's.  One thing the
>>geeks did learn from mushrooms is: feed'em bullshit and watch'em grow.
>>"It's not easy living with mushrooms you know; the dark, the damp, the cold
>>environment, kind of gets to your bones, and half the time they won't even
>>talk to ya, and when they do, it's over yer haid."
>
>I think this posting reveals the following things:
>
>1. Ray Frank knows nothing about Frank Zappa, including his IQ.
>2. Ray Frank has less creativity than the average third grader.  All slander
>with no substantiation.
>3. Ray Frank should probably keep from posting things like this, unless he
>has something more interesting to say.
>4. This posting should probably be in net.flame.

                 Al Schwartz
>                  Pacesetter Systems, Inc.,  Sylmar, CA

What in the hell kind of a posting is Ray Frank's supposed to be?? What is
a Zapperonie type Ray?? I'm sure most people have a really high opinion of
you for an infantile letter. Could you give us an example of this "oral
diarrhea"?? Hey Ray, if you've ever seen any articles in any music mags
you might be frightened to discover that Frank Zappa's IQ is pretty damn
high. In fact, he is a true musical genius. Well, I guess I could go on and
on about this Ray but I think you get my point.

--

Another wunnerful letter from the semi-intelligent rotting brain of:

                              Paul Kirsch
                              St. Joseph's University
                              Philadelphia, Pa

{ astrovax | allegra | bpa | burdvax } !sjuvax!kirsch

I'm outside right now...do you know where your children are ? (snicker)

lat@druil.UUCP (TepperL) (10/14/85)

> What in the hell kind of a posting is Ray Frank's supposed to be?? What is
> a Zapperonie type Ray?? I'm sure most people have a really high opinion of
> you for an infantile letter. Could you give us an example of this "oral
> diarrhea"??

Well, Ray did give us his own example of "keyboard diarrhea", so you
can probably just extrapolate from there.
--
Larry Tepper	    {ihnp4 | allegra}!druil!lat		+1-303-538-1759