[net.politics] Another Zionist Plot . . . Hmmmmmmm.

arndt@squirt.DEC (10/22/85)

If I were the head of a 'black' group within Israeli intelligence I don't
think I could dream up a better way to harm the Arab cause than to assure
that Arab terrorists have a negative impact on American public opinion by
hijacking a ship/bus/airplane once a quarter and murdering a helpless old
man in a wheelchair and tossing his body out for all the world to see.

Now is it that the Arabs (they all look alike to me) are that stupid, just
don't care about American opinion or don't understand how it works, or is
it that 'other' hands are at work guiding the idealistic young Arab boys
and girls?????

And why is it that Arafat always arrives just a few minutes too late to be
blown out of his shoes?????

Just a thought.

Keep chargin'

Ken Arndt

"Have you mugged an Arab lately?"

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (10/23/85)

> If I were the head of a 'black' group within Israeli intelligence I don't
> think I could dream up a better way to harm the Arab cause than to assure
> that Arab terrorists have a negative impact on American public opinion by
> hijacking a ship/bus/airplane once a quarter and murdering a helpless old
> man in a wheelchair and tossing his body out for all the world to see.
>
> Now is it that the Arabs (they all look alike to me) are that stupid, just
> don't care about American opinion or don't understand how it works, or is
> it that 'other' hands are at work guiding the idealistic young Arab boys
> and girls?????
>
> And why is it that Arafat always arrives just a few minutes too late to be
> blown out of his shoes?????
>
> Just a thought.  [KEN ARNDT]

WHOOOPS!!!!!!!  Blew it, Ken.  Forgot to 'su' to the Don Black userid before
posting this time.  (Or is everyone at DEC a raving anti-Semite?)  Still
thinking about apostate Jews who define Christianity for you, Ken?  Anyone
in particular?
--
"iY AHORA, INFORMACION INTERESANTE ACERCA DE... LA LLAMA!"
	Rich Rosen    ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr

dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) (10/24/85)

[]
> Now is it that the Arabs (they all look alike to me) are that stupid, just
> don't care about American opinion or don't understand how it works, or is
> it that 'other' hands are at work guiding the idealistic young Arab boys
> and girls????? [Implication that Israeli intelligence might be the
> guiding hand]

Nice try, but this one doesn't really wash. It seems clear that Egypt
and the PLO in fact did not understand what US public opinion would be
in this case. For example, if Egypt or the PLO had wanted to favorably
influence US opinion, they could simply have handed the hijackers over
to the US or Italy. Or, even better, they could have staged a daring
"commando raid" on the ship, freeing the hostages and discreetly slipping
the hijackers out the back way. You remember, the way Iran did it when
that hijacked plane landed in Teheran a while back. Say, whatever
happened to the guys who hijacked that plane anyway?

> And why is it that Arafat always arrives just a few minutes too late to be
> blown out of his shoes?????

Now, this *is* a very interesting train of thought. Then, come to think
of it, there was the time Israel had him holed up together with most
of his remaining troops in Beirut, and in the end gave him safe
passage to Tunis ... Hmmmm...

Isaac Dimitrovsky
allegra!cmcl2!csd2!dimitrov   (l in cmcl2 is letter l not number 1)
251 Mercer Street, New York NY 10012     (212) 674-8652

... Hernandez steps in to face ... Orl ... HERchiiiser ... and it's a liiine
driive, deeeeep to the gap in left center ...	- Bob Murphy, Voice of the Mets

janw@inmet.UUCP (10/24/85)

[Ken Arndt : arndt@decwrl]

> Now is it that the Arabs (they all look alike to me) are that stupid, just
> don't care about American opinion or don't understand how it works, or is
> it that 'other' hands are at work guiding the idealistic young Arab boys
> and girls?????

If they all look alike to you, how do you know they are idealistic ?

I suggest to you a third alternative, which seems the most reasonable:
they are not stupid, but are disunited, and work for their private
causes, no matter how it hurts the "Arab cause" (if such exists)
in American opinion.

		Jan Wasilewsky

mr@hou2h.UUCP (M.RINDSBERG) (10/24/85)

> If I were the head of a 'black' group within Israeli intelligence I don't
> think I could dream up a better way to harm the Arab cause than to assure
> that Arab terrorists have a negative impact on American public opinion by
> hijacking a ship/bus/airplane once a quarter and murdering a helpless old
> man in a wheelchair and tossing his body out for all the world to see.

If you knew a bit more about arabs you would know that they are a very
close knit group and instinctively will notice an outsider in a group.
You might say that a person can be trained extremely well such that he won't
be noticed. This is very difficult and basically would take training since
birth.

cher@ihlpm.UUCP (Cherepov) (10/24/85)

> > If I were the head of a 'black' group within Israeli intelligence I don't
> > think I could dream up a better way to harm the Arab cause than to assure
> > that Arab terrorists have a negative impact on American public opinion by
> > hijacking a ship/bus/airplane once a quarter and murdering a helpless old
> > man in a wheelchair and tossing his body out for all the world to see.
> >
> > Now is it that the Arabs (they all look alike to me) are that stupid, just
> > don't care about American opinion or don't understand how it works, or is
> > it that 'other' hands are at work guiding the idealistic young Arab boys
> > and girls?????
> >
> > And why is it that Arafat always arrives just a few minutes too late to be
> > blown out of his shoes?????
> >
> > Just a thought.  [KEN ARNDT]
>
> WHOOOPS!!!!!!!  Blew it, Ken.  Forgot to 'su' to the Don Black userid before

Yes, folks, Yasser is an Israeli agent..
Here's something my own research revealed: USSR is a large-scale project
by US government that was originated by Lincoln to replace slavery,
God is an agent of Satan, democracy is a form of dictatorship,
Earth is a super-computer ordered by a race of pangalactic intelligent
mice.
  (Paul Zimmerman, Douglas Adams, and others contributed)
			Mike Cherepov

[Not food]

In article <965@decwrl.UUCP> arndt@squirt.DEC writes:
>Now is it that the Arabs (they all look alike to me) are that stupid,

no

>just
>don't care about American opinion or don't understand how it works,

yes

>or is
>it that 'other' hands are at work guiding the idealistic young Arab boys
>and girls?????

no

Let me elaborate on that a bit.  While there are many Arabs who do care
about American opinion and have a reasonable understanding of it, there
are many more who do not care, or do not understand it.  How many Americans
have a reasonable understanding of Arab public opinion?  How many even
care?

The other point is that terrorist activities, even if planned by a larger
group, are carried out by small groups of people, who are not under
effective control at the time of their action.  Based on what I have read
in newspaper accounts, I think it is likely that Abbas was behind the group
which took over the Achille Lauro; that they did not intend to take over the
ship, but did so when they learned their cover was blown for their real
mission (in Israel); and that the planners were upset with the decision to
take over the ship, and aghast at the killing of an American.

None of this should be interpreted as exoneration for the planners; they
were, after all, planning a terrorist action.  But without the arousal
of American opinion caused by the involvement of Americans, it is not
clear they would not have helped their cause with the planned action.

One does not need to appeal to plots to explain screw-ups in armed
encounters.

Frank Adams                           ihpn4!philabs!pwa-b!mmintl!franka