[net.politics] Lies - or a schizophrenic time sense

oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) (10/21/85)

>	Israel is a very close  ally  of  the  U.S.  which  has  and
>	continues to receive massive financial and military aid from
>	the U.S. and still, the U.S. has to  defend  Egypt,  another
>	ally, against Israel?
						   Farzin Mokhtarian
		     ------------------------------
    The antecedent statement was about Egypt receiving aid from the  US,
and the US keeping Israeli troops out of Cairo in 1973.  Since the peace
treaty between them was ratified in 1978, Israel  has  done  nothing  to
endanger Egypt, except send occasionally obnoxious tourists.  The US has
not had to defend Egypt against anyone except the Libyans.   Farzin,  if
you have evidence that the Libyans are Israeli agents, show it.

     This  is  the honesty one gets from a man who has "trouble with his
soul?"  I shouldn't wonder.  Can you say "dipshit hypocrisy?"
--

Oded Feingold     MIT AI Lab.   545 Tech Square    Cambridge, Mass. 02139
OAF%OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA   {harvard, ihnp4!mit-eddie}!mitvax!oaf   617-253-8598

aouriri@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) (10/23/85)

>      This  is  the honesty one gets from a man who has "trouble with his
> soul?"  I shouldn't wonder.  Can you say "dipshit hypocrisy?"
> --
> Oded Feingold     MIT AI Lab.   545 Tech Square    Cambridge, Mass. 02139

Feingold's technique of ACCUSING anyone who does not
agree with his pro-israeli views of being a LIAR is "dipshit
hypocrisy". He's already done twice.
He accused me of being a liar because I referenced an article
written by a military analyst in a french paper, concluding that
the US did actively help Israel in its raid on Tunis.
Since he seems to appreciate facts as opposed to lies,
here are some facts:

1) You can buy that paper for $3.00, translate the article yourself
and protest or write to that large circulation french paper Le
Monde. The author of the article is a director of a military think
tank in France, and is NOT anti-israeli.

2) Neither the US, nor Israel denied the information that the US navy
refueled the jewish war jets in their attack on Tunis. This
information is accepted as an axiom in Arab countries; it is
infered as highly probable in European countries.

3) Since you appraise so much US support to Israel, without which,
Israel could not exist MILITARILY nor ECONOMICALLY (this is also a
FACT), I do not understand why you are so insensed by the
information concerning the refueling of israeli jets. You should
applaud it!!!

lazarus@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Andy Lazarus) (10/26/85)

In article <499@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP>, aouriri@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) writes:

> 2) Neither the US, nor Israel denied the information that the US navy
> refueled the jewish war jets in their attack on Tunis. This
> information is accepted as an axiom in Arab countries; it is
> infered as highly probable in European countries.

For the record -- not that the author is that likely to be listening --
both the USA and Israel have specifically denied it.  By the way,
what is a "jewish war jet"?  I never knew aircraft to profess any
religion.  I suppose it is any jet whose mother was Jewish.
I find this choice of words revealing.  It puts
quite a damper on the "I only dislike Zionists" canard.

> 3) Since you appraise [sic] so much US support to Israel, without which,
> Israel could not exist MILITARILY nor ECONOMICALLY (this is also a
> FACT), I do not understand why you are so insensed by the
> information concerning the refueling of israeli jets. You should
> applaud it!!!

This strikes me as a non sequitor.  One reason that certain
parties insist this refueling took place is to denigrate
the image of Israel as military capable of such an act.
Obviously friends of Israel would not applaud this.  Would you
applaud charges that the Cardinals had bribed the World Series
umpires just because you were a Cardinals' fan???!!

andy lazarus