[net.politics] This one didn't make national headlines either.

black@pundit.DEC (America first, without apologies.) (10/29/85)

     You know, my heart really goes out to Mrs. Marilyn Klinghoffer.  She and
her husband Leon worked hard many years for what they had.  Then while they
were enjoying retirement, along comes a terrorist that turns their dream into
a nightmare.

     Some people live to see retirement.  Some people die young.  Some people
die young at the hands of terrorists.

     Alex Odeh won't see retirement.  Alex Odeh died young, at age 41.  Alex
Odeh died young at the hands of a terrorist.  He made the mistake of going to
work one morning, on October 11th, the morning the J.D.L. chose to blow up his
office.

     Alex's only crime was that he was the West Coast Regional Director of the
American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.  Seven of his associates were
seriously injured in the blast.  Prior to the incident, the A.D.C.'s New
England Region office was targeted.  The bomb burst in the hands of a Boston
police officer who was attempting to disarm it.

     I'm getting a little tired of incidents like this.  Bomb blasts that kill
and maim innocent people are the work of snake-bellied cowards.  They are scum
that deserve nothing short of public impaling and dismemberment on the steps
of the Capitol, with live coverage by the major networks.

     In the last 15 years, the J.D.L. has come up with an impressive score.
They've accounted for $5 million in property damage, 24 bombings, 5 shootings,
5 stabbings, and 4 maimings.  Eight people have been killed, thirty seriously
injured, and thirty more less seriously injured.  If they were a Mafiosa
Family, pulling this crap on US territory, the Justice Department would be on
them like flies on a cow paddy.  As it is, the J.D.L. didn't even get listed
as a terrorist organization in the Justice Department's report on terrorism.

     Ronald Reagan condemned and deplored the chicken-livered perpetrators
of this latest outrage.  If he "deplored" the act as much as he says, why
doesn't he issue a reward for the arrest of the terrorist criminals?

     Well, it doesn't matter, I guess.  In another few months, the Genocide
Convention will be ratified by the Senate.  Then the Arabs will be able to
insist that the United Nations bring the J.D.L. to justice.

     --Don Black

     "...dec-vax!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-pundit!black"
      VAXmail:  PUNDIT::BLACK

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the
people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent
and sudden usurpations."

                             --James Madison

Posted:	Tue 29-Oct-1985 12:57
To:	ROLL::RHEA::DECWRL::"net.politics"

paulb@ttidcc.UUCP (Paul Blumstein) (10/31/85)

In article <1142@decwrl.UUCP> black@pundit.DEC (America first, without apologies.) writes:
>     Alex Odeh won't see retirement.  Alex Odeh died young, at age 41.  Alex
>Odeh died young at the hands of a terrorist.  He made the mistake of going to
>work one morning, on October 11th, the morning the J.D.L. chose to blow up his
>office.
Since the JDL didn't admit to doing it, nor any responsible investigative
agency accuse the JDL,  why do you state that it was them?  State a
responsible source for this accusation or be no better than any other
hate monger.

>     In the last 15 years, the J.D.L. has come up with an impressive score.
>They've accounted for $5 million in property damage, 24 bombings, 5 shootings,
>5 stabbings, and 4 maimings.  Eight people have been killed, thirty seriously
>injured, and thirty more less seriously injured.  If they were a Mafiosa
>Family, pulling this crap on US territory, the Justice Department would be on
>them like flies on a cow paddy.  As it is, the J.D.L. didn't even get listed
>as a terrorist organization in the Justice Department's report on terrorism.

Come now do you make up your own statistics or get it from the KKK daily?
Also, if there was a Jewish terrorist group, why should the Justice
Department turn their backs?  There has never been any special love for
Jews in our government.  Certainly not for a group that comprises only
2-1/2% of the US population.  But, I guess blind hatred will always find
an audience.
--
Paul Blumstein                    "Violence is the last refuge of the