[net.politics] Supply-side: increased revenues

dlo@drutx.UUCP (OlsonDL) (11/12/85)

[]

In article <789@whuxl.UUCP> orb@whuxl.UUCP (SEVENER) writes:
>>From Tom Hill, repeating well-established myths:
>> Well Tim,  the tax revenues have gone up since the tax breaks and that
>> I believe was the thrust behind the bill.  Less taxes for the wealthy
>> means more investment and guess what?  that is exactly what we have seen.
>> Stop running off at the mouth simply because you can't stand T.C.
>>
>I have posted this before so I will simply summarize the *facts* as
>presented in a New York Times article, Sept. 18,1984:

>  1)Tax revenues have *not* gone up.  Here are the facts:
>     1981                      1982
>    $284.1 billion,        $276.9 billion

Uh, Tim.  Revenues were *only* $200 and-some-odd billion?  Double those
figures, and you will have the approximate figure for 1980.  For last
year it was something like $750 billion.  Point of fact: according to
the _Information_Please_Almanac_ of 1985, federal receipts for 1981 was
$663.9 billion and for 1982 was $690.4 billion.

>               tim sevener  whuxn!orb

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

David Olson
..!ihnp4!drutx!dlo