[net.politics] An Attack on Islam

mahoney@bach.DEC (Toto I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.) (11/13/85)

>Muslims over the past millennium have subjected non-Muslims under their
>rule to systematic humiliation and degradation which are mandated by
>all schools of Islamic jurisprudence.  Further the contempt which  Islam
>encourages Muslims to feel toward non-Muslims has caused periodic persecution
>and pogroms directed at non-Muslims in all corners of the Islamic world.

>In the previous century, the only decent places in the Muslim world
>to be a non-Muslim were those lands most strongly under European (or
>Chinese or Hindu) domination.  Subjugation and conquest of Muslim
>lands by Europeans or other non-Muslims is therefore from the
>standpoint of the oppressed peoples of the world a progressive act.

>In the case of Israel, most of the Jews in this nation have origins
>in the Islamic regions least under the domination or influence of
>Europeans, Chinese or Hindus.  Therefore the Israeli population has a long
>history of humiliation, degradation and persecution at the hands of barbaric
>Islamic overlords.  Legitimately Jews may view the PLO and all attacks
>by Muslims upon Jews as part of the continuum and the modern expression of
>traditional Islamic Jew-baiting.
>
>Further, Islamic nations periodically declare war on Israel and
>threaten the Jews with anihilation.  Moreover, no Islamic political,
>intellectual or religious leader has ever conceded that the mandated
>Islamic treatment of non-Muslims is a reprehensible and wrong way of
>dealing with non-Muslims and that just perhaps non-Muslims, who have
>been or are under Islamic subjugation, might have some legitimate grievances
>against the Islamic world and that they might have some legitimate claims
>for compenstation for Islamic mistreatment.
>
>In fact, in no country ruled by Muslims are non-Muslims treated on
>terms of mutual respect and equality by the dominant Muslims (and I
>have lived in Turkey and Tunisia).  Until Muslims renounce sleazeball
>Islam and Muslims change there scuzz attitudes toward non-Muslims,
>Israel, India, Singapur, the Soviet Union, China, Yugoslavia and
>other nations in similar situation have a legitimate right and
>obligation to their non-Muslim populations to suppress Muslims under
>their control. The removal of territory from Islamic control is therefore
>a positive achievement for the good of all humanity and an act of which
>any nation should be proud.

    I apologize for reposting the whole article but I felt it was necessary.

  This is one of the most racist articles I have ever seen posted on this net.
It reminds me of much of the junk spewed forth by Don Black and his cohorts.
Number one let us not forget what great things that Christians have done over
the years to non-Christians.  Let us look at the time of the great conversions.
  Charlemange gave the Saxon heathens a choice either convert or die that was
about 8000 people he was ready to murder.  The wonderful crusades where the
Teutonic knights went riding around Europe killing the heathen Jews.  Where the
crusade of the poor on the way to the Holy Land killed Jews were ever they went.
The crusades themselves and what they did in the Holy Land.  The Inquisition
where Jews and Moslems alike were murdered in the name of Christ.
   The forced conversion of the Indians and the outright destruction of the many
varied civilizations that existed before Christians came to the New World. Let
us look at the way black people were treated in the US. They were turned into
slaves not because of religion but because of a worse trait the color of their
skins.  This was done by Christians or perhaps it was forced upon them by the
terrible Moslems.

   Let us now look at how the Jews treated the early Christian Church.  They
basically persecuted by stoning people.  The Jews also did their best to show
the Roman Authorities where the Christian practices took place so that they
could catch the Christians.

   This person also obviously knows nothing of the Koran were it says that Jews
and Christians are a special people.  They must be treated as misguided but not
to be abused in anyway.  I admit in the Moslem World there are those that don't
do this but to blame the entire culture one as rich as this one has been is an
abomination.

   At the time of the "Conversation" of Europe one the most barbaric and brutal
times in the entire history of the world the Islamic world was flowering.  Our
entire number system is based upon what the scuzz Moslems came up with.  Algebra
one of the most important math subjects came from the Moslems.  If not for the
Moslems whole aspects of the Greek and Roman civilizations would have been lost
forever.  The Arabs realized long before the Europeans did that the world was
round.  Some of the equipment that Columbus used to navigate came from the Arab
world as well as his Celestial Charts.

   There are bad people in the Arab world as well as there are in the Christian
Jewish Hindu and any other religious group you wish to mention.  It seems that
the vocal minority can haze the view of people to an entire group and
that is to bad.  I feel the person who wrote this article owes the Moslem and
non-Moslem people on the net and apology for spewing forth this rubbish.

                                  Brian Mahoney
                                  "If you have an eye to the world your
                                   ear to the ground and your nose to
                                   the grindstone.  You will be very
                                   uncomfortable"

tim@ISM780B.UUCP (11/16/85)

[text] means that "text" is my summary of someones artice.

>> [ attack on Islam.  Summary: Islam requires it's followers to
     act like scumbags toward the rest of the world ]

> [ irrelevent attack on Christianity.  Summary: Oh yeah, well look
>   at all the bad things Christians have done ]

What does this have to do with the original article?

>    There are bad people in the Arab world as well as there are in
> the Christian Jewish Hindu and any other religious group you wish
> to mention.  It seems that the vocal minority can haze  the  view
> of  people  to  an  entire  group and that is to bad.  I feel the
> person who wrote this article  owes  the  Moslem  and  non-Moslem
> people on the net and apology for spewing forth this rubbish.

If he owes the net an apology, than so do you.

						Tim Smith
						ihnp4!cithep!tim
						ima!ism780!tim

@amd.UUCP (11/26/85)

---------------------Reply to mail dated 15-NOV-1985 23:19---------------------

In my posting I did not mean or felt I was attacking Chrsitianity.
I myself am a practicing Catholic.  I just meant to show that there are
problems in all major groups. That a small or even large minority
can make a group look bad.  I do apologize if any offense was taken from
my posting no offense was meant.  I was just trying to bring some balance
to the original article.

  Once again please accept my apologies.

Brian Mahoney

"A conservative is someone who cares more about themselves.
 A liberal is someone who cares more about other people.
 A moderate is someone to confused to know who to care about"

@amd.UUCP (11/26/85)

---------------------Reply to mail dated 15-NOV-1985 23:19---------------------

In my posting I did not mean or feel I was attacking Christianity.
I am a practicing Catholic and  just meant to show that there are
problems in all major groups. That a small or even large minority
can make an entire group look bad.  I do apologize if any offense was taken from
my posting no offense was meant.  I was just trying to bring some balance
to the original article.

Brian Mahoney
"Be ever on guard of the purveyor of truth
 Who ever it is is probably wrong"

martillo@hector.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) (11/28/85)

In article <1519@decwrl.UUCP> mahoney@dec-bach.UUCP writes:
>---------------------Reply to mail dated 15-NOV-1985 23:19---------------------
>
>In my posting I did not mean or feel I was attacking Christianity.
>I am a practicing Catholic and  just meant to show that there are
>problems in all major groups. That a small or even large minority
>can make an entire group look bad.  I do apologize if any offense was taken from
>my posting no offense was meant.  I was just trying to bring some balance
>to the original article.
>
>Brian Mahoney
>"Be ever on guard of the purveyor of truth
> Who ever it is is probably wrong"

Mahoney's original mindless article was pure obfuscation.  Attrocities
committed in the past by Christians (the comment of Jews was pure ignorance)
hardly justifies or excuses attrocities committed *today* by Muslims.

I have friends who survived the Muslim massacres of Chinese schoolchildren
in Malaysia in 1969.

Anyway Christian church leaders often express regret for past Christian
behavior.  No Muslim scholar has *ever* expressed similar regret.  Further
all the scholars at alAzhar (the main center of Sunni learning in Egypt)
have called for the restoration of the Dhimma (the second-class humiliated
and degraded position of nonMuslims in Muslim territories).

Like Marxism, Islam has many attractive features.  Also like Marxism, Islam
has many dangerous and disgusting aspects which leads Muslims like Marxists
to commit unspeakable attrocities.  For this reason sovereignty must
be removed from Muslim countries everywhere.

Joachim Carlo Santos Martillo Ajami