[net.politics] US burial and armed strength:Re

cdrigney@uokvax.UUCP (12/16/85)

In answer to Frank Adams, Tim Sevener (orb@whuxl) writes:

>  I am glad that you are willing to admit that "world conquest" is not a
>  primary part of Soviet foreign policy.  Having gotten that far you then
>  say that "contol of their neighbors" is an important part of their policy.
>  I agree.  How is that *less* of a part of *any* nation's foreign policy?
>  Let us look at our own checkered history of control of countries,
>  neighbors or not.

Gee Tim, you forgot...

The Military Invasion and Subjugation of Canada.

The Invasion of Mexico by armored units in 1968 to crush open rebellion.

The building of the notorious Toronto Wall to prevent Canadian
Citizens from escaping U.S. domination, complete with machine guns
and land mines.

		--Carl Rigney
USENET:		{ihnp4,allegra!cbosgd}!okstate!uokvax!cdrigney

Anyone who thinks this needs a :-) needs one themselves! :-)

orb@whuts.UUCP (SEVENER) (12/19/85)

> In answer to Frank Adams, Tim Sevener (orb@whuxl) writes:
> >  I am glad that you are willing to admit that "world conquest" is not a
> >  primary part of Soviet foreign policy.  Having gotten that far you then
> >  say that "contol of their neighbors" is an important part of their policy.
> >  I agree.  How is that *less* of a part of *any* nation's foreign policy?
> >  Let us look at our own checkered history of control of countries,
> >  neighbors or not.
>
> Gee Tim, you forgot...
>
> The Military Invasion and Subjugation of Canada.
>
> The Invasion of Mexico by armored units in 1968 to crush open rebellion.
>
> The building of the notorious Toronto Wall to prevent Canadian
> Citizens from escaping U.S. domination, complete with machine guns
> and land mines.
>
> 		--Carl Rigney

I know that you think this is an obviously outrageous joke but in fact
it is not!  If you read "Lincoln" you will discover that in fact people
like Wm Seward had plans to try to conquer the whole North American
continent.  Of course the US *DID* fight a war with Mexico in 1848 from
which we obtained the Southwestern US and California.  There were also
abortive plans to try to obtain Canada which were never implemented.
I note that you simply deleted the examples of American aggression in
my earlier article such as the Marine invasion and occupation of
Nicaragua for years in the 1920's.  Is this any different than the
Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968?
As usual your only justification for the instances of outright American
aggression noted in my article is the time-honored:"well, *they* did
it, so we can do it!! Nah,nah nah nah nah!!"
I do not support Soviet aggression. Do you support American aggression?
Is it reasonable to say one side's aggression is "nasty evil awful" but
the other side's is not? Or is that simply the sort of narrowminded
nationalistic chauvinism that threatens to blow the whole human race
to smithereens?
                  tim sevener    whuxn!orb