[net.politics] Was Begin terrorist? Was Haganah?

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (12/20/85)

Subject: Was Begin terrorist?  Was Haganah?
Oded Feingold writes:
>                                        The legitimate Jewish underground
> was the Haganah, which engaged in NO terrorism, and despised the IZL and
> Stern gangs.]

Unfortunately, this is not the case Oded. On January 5, 1948, the Semiramis
hotel in the middle-class Arab district of Katamon in Jerusalem was blown up
with 175 pounds of dynamite. 23 people were killed, all civilians, including
the Spanish Consul. *Haganah claimed responsibility* for the explosion.

The act achieved nothing in terms of the Arab-Israeli struggle ... except
perhaps to send Jerusalem Arabs a message to leave Palestine.

Didn't you know this Mr. Feingold? I mentioned this in an earlier article
also and you had nothing to say then. Maybe you don't know everything
about the history of Israel either.

   Farzin Mokhtarian

"I plant my hands in the garden
 I will grow green, I know, I know"