[net.politics] Happy Holidays

werner@aecom.UUCP (Craig Werner) (12/23/85)

	At the end of the current United Nations General Assembly session the
words "Happy Holidays" was flashed on the voting board.  In a pavlovian
reaction, many of the delegates began voting on it.
	I'm sure you will be pleased to know that the "resolution" passed
113 in favor, 5 against, with 7 abstentions.
			<The New York Times>
--

				Craig Werner
				!philabs!aecom!werner

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (12/27/85)

In article <2143@aecom.UUCP> werner@aecom.UUCP (Craig Werner) writes:

>	At the end of the current United Nations General Assembly session the
>words "Happy Holidays" was flashed on the voting board.
>	I'm sure you will be pleased to know that the "resolution" passed
>113 in favor, 5 against, with 7 abstentions.

Just be glad that they didn't flash "Peace on Earth."