[net.politics] Election of Reagan

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (01/09/86)

In article <876@cybvax0.UUCP> mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) writes:

>MANY of the people I know said "I hate Reagan and his policies: I just hate
>Carter/Mondale worse."  These were people who (given a different system of
>elections that would promote numerous candidates [such as the ones detailed
>in Scientific American a couple of years ago]) would have repudiated Reagan
>and much of what he stands for.

Since the last election I have felt that the Democrats lost their chance
of winning when the primary process eliminated John Glenn. He was the
one guy who could have beat Reagan, because NOBODY hates John Glenn.
People either loved him or didn't care, but nobody hated him. Besides,
Glenn was an astronaut. It would have been UNPATRIOTIC not to vote for
him. :-)