[net.politics] Are we outraged or not?

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (01/17/86)

Subject: Re: Arab Reaction Totally Neglects Our Outrage Against Int'l Terrorism

abeles@mhuxm.UUCP (J. Abeles) writes:

> Certain parties can't seem to understand that people are outraged
> by these terrorists, and the same parties feel that there is some kind of
> prejudiced feeling which motivates us against them regardless of
> the terrorism.

Well, leaders of Israel don't seem to be among those "outraged people"
or they wouldn't supply arms to Khomeini's regime who trains Arab terrorists.
Certain parties have doubts as to what exactly does motivate you.

>           The US would be a lot more sympathetic towards Arab
> governments if their offensive terrorism would cease.  So would
> Israel, for that matter.

I think I understand. Israel can not sympathize with those who engage
in terrorism. That's why they fuel their terrorism. So that it becomes
even more difficult to sympathize with them.

> The problem with Chedley's viewpoint, I feel, is that he doesn't
> recognize that the Arabs hold the key to stopping the problem.

And Israel holds the key to starting some problems.

> In fact, the US doesn't have any alternative but to react with
> condemnation (and possible military action) towards Arab terrorism.

I propose a "better" alternative: How about kindly request Israel to stop
supplying arms to the Khomeini's regime? In other words, enforce it's own
ban. Acceptable?
                                                     Farzin Mokhtarian

"I wrote these words so that the foe may not see them."