[net.politics] Sam's anti-anti-semitic canards

aouriri@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) (01/23/86)

Sam Cramer writes:
> Recently Chedley Aouriri drudged up a few anti-semitic canards for
> us:
>
> > So are the Israelis: they scramble their lobbies and the american
> > jewish organizations (which are under their direct control) and
> > major segments of the mass media to denounce and overturn any
> > action taken by the US....
>
> In other words:
>
> 1.  The American Jewish organizations are directly controlled by the
>     Israelis and act against US interests.
>
> 2.  The Jews control the media.
>
> If Chedley wants to retain any credibility among net.politics readers, he
> should retract these statements and apologize for these antisemitic lies.

These statements are yours as you infered them from my posting. So,
I do not see why I should reassert or retract statements which are
not mine in the first place.
However, may I comment on them?

Your Statement 1 is over stating the case, but is basically true.
Would you deny the fact that the israelis have a big influence, to
say the least, on American Jewish Organizations? That they (the
israelis) use those organizations to reach and influence public
-and not so public- opinions in the US about political matters Israel
deems important.? If you deny this, please say so.

Your statement 2 is an inference many drawed after reading and
listening to news editorials during the israeli invasion of
Lebanon in 1982, editorials claiming that Israel's bombardement and
blockade of West-Beirut was an act of self-defense!!

NOTE : The label "anti-semitic" is ab-used. Whenever someone says
something which does not fit your pro-israeli views, you just
stick it on him, regardless of the merit of the argument. Handy,
indeed!

Chedley Aouriri
ITT-ATC, Shelton, CT.
...ittatc!ittvax!aouriri

mr@homxb.UUCP (M.RINDSBERG) (01/23/86)

> Sam Cramer writes:
> > Recently Chedley Aouriri drudged up a few anti-semitic canards for
> > us:
> > > So are the Israelis: they scramble their lobbies and the american
> > > jewish organizations (which are under their direct control) and
> > > major segments of the mass media to denounce and overturn any
> > > action taken by the US....
> > In other words:
> > 1.  The American Jewish organizations are directly controlled by the
> >     Israelis and act against US interests.
> > 2.  The Jews control the media.
> > If Chedley wants to retain any credibility among net.politics readers, he
> > should retract these statements and apologize for these antisemitic lies.

I am still waiting for chedley to explain how the American Jewish organizations
are under direct Israeli control, and how the media overturns any action taken
by the US (whenever they take action in the first place). It is true that the
US has some very silly (some might call the rules necessary and I understand the
reasons) laws concerning freedom of information (as in democracy), But what
could this possibly have to do with the Israelies many thousands of miles away.

> These statements are yours as you infered them from my posting. So,
> I do not see why I should reassert or retract statements which are

Reassertion of your origninal statements would be fine, and perhaps some
clarification. (Maybe even some hard facts)

> not mine in the first place.
> However, may I comment on them?
> Your Statement 1 is over stating the case, but is basically true.
> Would you deny the fact that the israelis have a big influence, to
> say the least, on American Jewish Organizations? That they (the

This still remains to be shown conclusively.

> israelis) use those organizations to reach and influence public
> -and not so public- opinions in the US about political matters Israel
> deems important.? If you deny this, please say so.

Can you define diplomacy (or politics) for me (and the other readers) ?

> Your statement 2 is an inference many drawed after reading and
> listening to news editorials during the israeli invasion of
> Lebanon in 1982, editorials claiming that Israel's bombardement and
> blockade of West-Beirut was an act of self-defense!!

Do you not consider bombs falling on northern Israel an act of aggression ?
And where do you think the bombs came from ? Southern Lebanon of course !!
Therefore, the acts during the summer of 1982 are ENTIRELY justified.

> NOTE : The label "anti-semitic" is ab-used. Whenever someone says

I agree with you that the term anti-Semitic is overused but the terms
anti-Jewish or anti-Israeli come to mind as perfect descriptions of
your statements.

> something which does not fit your pro-israeli views, you just
> stick it on him, regardless of the merit of the argument. Handy,
> indeed!
> Chedley Aouriri
> ITT-ATC, Shelton, CT.
> ...ittatc!ittvax!aouriri