[net.politics] PLO and Resolution 242

cramer@sun.uucp (Sam Cramer) (02/14/86)

Chedley Aouriri contributed a mass of distortion and falsehoods in
his posting regarding possible future negotiations between
Israel and Palestinians.

A trivial example of such a falsehood follows.  I will submit more
in the future as time permits.

Chedley writes:

> For example, all UN resolutions are accepted by the PLO, including
> resolutions 338 and 242 which unequivocally recognize and mention Israel
> as a sovereign state.

This morning the BBC reported (on it's hourly "Radio Newsreel" program)
that Yassir Arafat, chairman of the PLO (and noted humanitarian) stated
that the PLO does not accept resolution 242.  I imagine that this will be
reported in tomorrow's New York Times.

--

Sam Cramer	uucp:	{cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,ucbvax}!sun!cramer
		arpanet: cramer@sun.arpa