[net.politics] Political Quote of the Month

landauer@drivax.UUCP (Doug Landauer) (02/11/86)

Phillipine President Marcos was attempting to explain the vote count
in San Nicolas province, where he got 13,452 votes while Mrs. Aquino
got ZERO:
	"This province [is] very near my birthplace, and all
	the voters, probably my relatives."
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
			-- Doug Landauer --
	...{ihnp4|amdahl}!drivax!landauer but not for long.
"Yes, I got AIDS the day I bought my house in California.
 You do mean the 'Acquired Income Deficiency Syndrome', right?"

evan@pedsgo.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (02/13/86)

In article <270@drivax.UUCP> landauer@drivax.UUCP (Doug Landauer) writes:
>Phillipine President Marcos was attempting to explain the vote count
>in San Nicolas province, where he got 13,452 votes while Mrs. Aquino
>got ZERO:
>	"This province [is] very near my birthplace, and all
>	the voters, probably my relatives."
>			-- Doug Landauer --

David Letterman reported that they are just about ready to begin counting
the ballots, but that they are still waiting for returns from some of the
out and out lying regions.
--
NAME:   Evan L. Marcus
UUCP:   ...{hjuxa!vax135}!petsd!pedsgd!pedsgo!evan

robie@msudoc.UUCP (Jonathan Robie) (02/23/86)

From a cartoon in the local paper:

"And with 312% of the vote in President Marcos is leading by 2%"

msb@lsuc.UUCP (Mark Brader) (02/27/86)

I heard this at nth-hand (n>3), so I hope it isn't from a broadcast
medium where you've all heard it...

Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Ferdinand Marcos are on an
airplane, which suffers total engine failure.  There is only one
parachute for the three of them.

Reagan says:  "I am the President of the United States.  If I am killed,
the entire free world will mourn for me.  I should have the parachute."

Gorbachev says:  "Who cares about the capitalists?  I am I killed, the
entire communist world will mourn for me.  I should have the parachute."

And Marcos says:  "Why don't we vote on it?"

Posted by Mark Brader
	Those who live by the Net shall die by the Net.

ix742@sdcc6.UUCP (James Hayes) (03/01/86)

msb@lsuc.UUCP (Mark Brader) writes in article <1135@lsuc.UUCP>:

>I heard this at nth-hand (n>3), so I hope it isn't from a broadcast
>medium where you've all heard it...
>
>Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Ferdinand Marcos are on an
>airplane, which suffers total engine failure.  There is only one
>parachute for the three of them.
>
>Reagan says:  "I am the President of the United States.  If I am killed,
>the entire free world will mourn for me.  I should have the parachute."
>
>Gorbachev says:  "Who cares about the capitalists?  I am I killed, the
>entire communist world will mourn for me.  I should have the parachute."
>
>And Marcos says:  "Why don't we vote on it?"

Marcos won 435 to 12.

maxg@tekig4.UUCP (Max Guernsey) (03/02/86)

In article <2445@sdcc6.UUCP> ix742@sdcc6.UUCP (James Hayes) writes:
>msb@lsuc.UUCP (Mark Brader) writes in article <1135@lsuc.UUCP>:
>>
>>I heard this at nth-hand (n>3), so I hope it isn't from a broadcast
>>medium where you've all heard it...
>>
>>Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Ferdinand Marcos are on an
>>airplane, which suffers total engine failure.  There is only one
>>parachute for the three of them.
>>
>>Reagan says:  "I am the President of the United States.  If I am killed,
>>the entire free world will mourn for me.  I should have the parachute."
>>
>>Gorbachev says:  "Who cares about the capitalists?  I am I killed, the
>>entire communist world will mourn for me.  I should have the parachute."
>>
>>And Marcos says:  "Why don't we vote on it?"
>>

>Marcos won 435 to 12.

Everyone knows it was 435 to 0