[net.politics] CIA

rush@ukecc.UUCP (Richard Starnes) (03/03/86)

I have a question for all that care to answer. To what extent should
let the CIA "loose" on the world at large. I relize this is a rather
broad topic. I will say first of all that I'm very pro intelligence
and I believe that we should leave them alone and let them do the
job there payed to do. Should we try to "actively" steal other
countries secrets I think yes. Should we have poeple assassinated
(under very extreme conditions "yes")? What should we do with spies
(our people that turn coat) and their's that we catch? I guess what I
would like is a general view of the CIA and how it works as viewed
by the public. Also I would like to hear from any present or former
intelligence people. I can hear the laughs about asking intelligence
people to reply but its worth a try.

P.S. I take no responsiability for the grammar or spelling of
this letter and if you can't read it that's too bad.

Disclaimer: All opinions represented here are mine and thus so considered
            fact.

Subject: CIA
Expires: