[net.politics] Reply to Swan on Petition signing

orb@whuxl.UUCP (SEVENER) (03/12/86)

  William Swan wrote:
> In article <1015@whuxl.UUCP> orb@whuxl.UUCP (SEVENER) scrawls:
> >Several passersby, besides signing the petition I was
> >distributing also commended me for taking the trouble to circulate
> >a petition on a very important issue.  Indeed, one man said he
> >could not agree with my political viewpoint but that he
> >supported my right to express it.  As he said, that is what is
> >great about America!  Ironically, a few minutes later I was
> >expelled under threat of arrest from the shopping center management!
> >          tim sevener   whuxn!orb
>
> Really, now, Tim, you expect us to believe this?
>
> Can you say "aggrandizement"?
> --

I am simply reporting what happened to me.   Those who may have
been irritated at being asked to sign a petition probably
brushed by with no comment whatsoever.  But I have no way of
knowing that.
Were *you* there?  Do you know anyone who was?
If not then you have no basis whatsoever for implying that I
was lying about  my personal experience.
Your reply was an insulting character attack which has no
place in the net.
I demand an apology for this attack on my character.
          tim sevener  whuxn!orb