[net.politics] Criticism of Israel

hijab@cad.UUCP (Raif Hijab) (03/23/86)

In article <3387@sun.uucp>, cramer@sun.uucp (Sam Cramer) writes:
> However, we have also seen many examples of a sort of wild, indiscriminate,
> and ultimately dishonest criticism of Israel.  This criticism is not voiced
> by friends of Israel who differ on certain points; rather it is voiced by
> mortal enemies of Israel who wish to see her perish.

I suppose Sam Cramer would be delighted to have discussions limited to
"friends of Israel who differ on certain points."  Israel's supporters
are constantly equating Israeli and American interests, values, etc.
with the implication that "We are the good guys against those aweful
savages." Anyone who attacks this sacred cow does so at their own peril!

> By now the list of such attacks is quite long: "Israel supplies arms to
> anti-Israel terrorists", "Israel chased out the Palestinians", "Israel
> connived to instigate the 1967 war", etc.

These accusations just happen to be true, and it is precisely what some
of us have attempted to prove. I believe this is a legitimate exercise.