[net.politics] Anti-Moslem Bigotry

gsmith@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Gene Ward Smith) (03/19/86)

In article <122@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:

>Irgunists acted properly.  Muslims have mistreated non-Muslims for the
>last millenium and continue to do so until this day.  Muslims must
>learn that this type of shit will no longer be tolerated. Until
>Muslims learn, Muslims deserve no consideration. If I am a

>In any case Deir Yassin was in no way similar to the usual massacre by
>Muslims of non-Muslims where Muslims just randomly pick out a
>group of inoffensive non-Muslims and slaughter them (often children --

>committing against non-Muslims.  A genuine progressive should first
>concentrate on the problem of extirpating Islamic barbarism before he

>	Islam is no longer acceptable.  It must either change or
>	be extirpated.

     Hey, good show! I propose we start net.religion.moslem. Then we
can all show what we think of them rotten Ay-rabs by trashing them and
their religion every day! I can hardly wait.

ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720
          "There are no differences but differences of degree
            between degrees of difference and no difference"

martillo@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU (Yakim Martillo) (03/22/86)

In article <12489@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> gsmith@brahms.UUCP (Gene Ward Smith) writes:
>In article <122@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:
>
>>Irgunists acted properly.  Muslims have mistreated non-Muslims for the
>>last millenium and continue to do so until this day.  Muslims must
>>learn that this type of shit will no longer be tolerated. Until
>>Muslims learn, Muslims deserve no consideration. If I am a
>
>>In any case Deir Yassin was in no way similar to the usual massacre by
>>Muslims of non-Muslims where Muslims just randomly pick out a
>>group of inoffensive non-Muslims and slaughter them (often children --
>
>>committing against non-Muslims.  A genuine progressive should first
>>concentrate on the problem of extirpating Islamic barbarism before he
>
>>	Islam is no longer acceptable.  It must either change or
>>	be extirpated.
>

>     Hey, good show! I propose we start net.religion.moslem. Then we
>can all show what we think of them rotten Ay-rabs by trashing them and
>their religion every day! I can hardly wait.
>
>ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720
>          "There are no differences but differences of degree
>            between degrees of difference and no difference"

By the sarcasm I presume you consider the obligatory humiliation,
degradation or outright slaughter of non-Muslims as well as required
or encouraged genital mutilation of women acceptable behavior.

Why don't you crawl back under your rock?!

oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) (03/22/86)

As  someone  who  occasionally  opposes  Arab  or  Moslem arguments on
net.politics, I wish to draw a distinction:
		    ------------------------------
	     I renounce and disclaim any association with
		Yakim Martillo's views on Islam, or the
		  proper treatment of its adherents.
		    ------------------------------
Sorry to waste your money with this.  Anyway, I feel better.

Re Deir Yassein:   As  an  intelligent  man  told  me  recently,  it's
interesting  that  it  receives  so  much concern, 36 years afterward.
It's an evidentiary point that the Zionists are not as terroristic  as
some would have you believe.  Else there would be a plethora of cases.
--
Oded Feingold     MIT AI Lab.   545 Tech Square    Cambridge, Mass. 02139
OAF%OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA   {harvard, ihnp4!mit-eddie}!mit-vax!oaf  617-253-8598

gsmith@weyl.berkeley.edu.BERKELEY.EDU (Gene Ward Smith) (03/25/86)

In article <128@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:
>In article <12489@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> gsmith@brahms.UUCP (Gene Ward Smith) writes:
>>In article <122@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:

>>>	Islam is no longer acceptable.  It must either change or
>>>	be extirpated.
>>

>>     Hey, good show! I propose we start net.religion.moslem. Then we
>>can all show what we think of them rotten Ay-rabs by trashing them and
>>their religion every day! I can hardly wait.

>By the sarcasm I presume you consider the obligatory humiliation,
>degradation or outright slaughter of non-Muslims as well as required
>or encouraged genital mutilation of women acceptable behavior.

     I am not an expert on Islam, but I have read the Koran. I
do not recall anything in it which makes obligatory the "humiliation,
degradation or outright slaughter of non-Muslims". Nor do I remember
so-called "female circumcision" discussed. I think the latter is a
cultural habit -- it is far from universal in Moslem countries, I
believe.

>Why don't you crawl back under your rock?!

    Can I share your rock instead?

    I am sorry I am not bigoted enough for you. I've been taking lessons
over here on net.religion and hope I can do better in the future. Is that
OK? Do you know a Klan chapter I could join? I already have a white sheet.

ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720
        Fifty flippant frogs / Walked by on flippered feet
    And with their slime they made the time / Unnaturally fleet.

hijab@cad.UUCP (Raif Hijab) (03/26/86)

In article <16@mit-vax.UUCP>, oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) writes:
> Re Deir Yassein:   As  an  intelligent  man  told  me  recently,  it's
> interesting  that  it  receives  so  much concern, 36 years afterward.
> It's an evidentiary point that the Zionists are not as terroristic  as
> some would have you believe.  Else there would be a plethora of cases.
> --

There have been many other Israeli massacres of Palestinians in this
century. The significance of Deir Yassin lies in its triggering of the
mass exodus of Palestinians from their homes two months before the British
withdrawal from Palestine, and the creation of the Jewish State. This is
best exemplified by the words of Chaim Weizmann, who became Israel's first
president, "it was a miraculous cleaning of the land; the miraculous
simplification of Israel's task." Some examples (of many):

- Nasiruddin, April 1948. Irgun-Stern forces attacked this village in the
Tiberias region, and killed most of its inhabitants.

- Mazraat el-Khoury, May 1948. Haganah troops killed and multilated men,
women and children. Some who locked themselves inside a house were burnt
to death.

-Beit Drass, May 1948. This village in the Gaza region was totally wiped
out. Bodies were mutilated and the village was levelled.

- Qibya village, October 1953. Unit 101 commanded by Ariel Sharon crossed
the border into the West Bank village, and shot up dozens of homes.
UN observers stated, "Bullet-riddled bodies near the doorways and multiple
bullet hits on the doors of the demolished houses indicated that the
inhabitants had been forced to remain inside until their homes were blown
up over them .... Israeli soldiers moved about blowing up buildings, firing
into doorways and windows with automatic weapons and throwing hand grenades."
Sixty six Palestinian men, women and children died in this operation.
Israeli excuse: reprisal for the killing of a mother and two children in
an Israeli village by a solitary intruder not connected with the village
of Qibya. (In the four decades since the creation of Israel, the total
number of Israeli victims of 'Palestinian terrorism' s comes to a few
hundred. During the same period, Palestinian victims of Israeli terrorism
have reached the tens of thousands, not counting the hundreds of thousands
displaced by Israeli raids and war actions against cvillians.)

- Kafr Qasem, October 1956. On the eve of Israel's invasion of Egypt, a
curfew was imposed on Arab villages WITHIN Israel's borders. Within half
an hour of informing the village Mukhtar (mayor) of the curfew, forty
seven men, women and children were shot at close range by a detachment
of the Israeli Frontier Guards with automatic weapons as they were returning
from their fields. Eleven officers and soldiers were put on trial for the
massacre. At the same time, they received a fifty percent increase in salary.
The two officers receiving the 'harshest' sentences were released in less
than a year, due to the efforts of 'the Committee to Free the Prisoners'
and Israel's head of State. Nine months later, Officer Dahan, convicted of
killing forty three Arabs in one hour, was appointed 'officer responsible
for Arab Affairs' in the town of Ramle.

- Samu', November 1966. Israeli army crossed into the West Bank village on
the Jordanian side, and virtually demolished the village, killing many men,
women and children.

- Nabatiyeh, May 1974. Israeli Air Force raided this Southern Lebanese
town 'in retaliation for Maalot'. A UN report states that the Palestinian
refugee camp in the town was "60 percent destroyed, 20 percent badly
damaged, 20 percent badly destroyed.  Not one house had a roof left."
This was part of a continuous pattern of raids on South Lebanon in the
Seventies in which Lebanese and Palestinian civilians died by the hundreds,
and tens of thousands were made homeless.  In Nabatiyeh, a Lebanese district
center, there clearly was no evidence of any armed guerillas.

- Sabra & Shatila, September 1982. Phalangists working in close cooperation
with, and under the direction of the Israeli army led by Ariel Sharon,
massacred an estimated two thousand Palestinians in the two refugee camps
in Beirut. (The estimate ranges from a low of 400 dead according to Israel,
to a high in the thousands. The exact number will probably never be known,
as mass graves were being filled in even as  the massacre was in progress.)
Israel has engaged in an effective whitewash, blaiming the episode entirely
on the Phalange. In fact, it was part of a failed joint plan to expel the
half million Palestinians from Lebanon, by creating a mass exodus.