[net.politics] Here we go again

mokhtar@ubc-vision.UUCP (Farzin Mokhtarian) (03/31/86)

Subject: Here We Go Again

> I'd love to see the Middle East problem resolved.  I know that Israel
> must face the fact that the West Bank problem has existed for almost
> 20 years.  I hope that a diplomatic solution can be reached that provides
> for the rights of the Palestinians and Israel's security.  I don't think
> that pulling up actions that may have happenned a long time ago is going
> to help anything.      [ H. D. Weisberg ]

I hope for the same thing Mr. Weisberg but I don't agree that discussing past
events won't help anything. The prerequisite to finding any real solution  is
an understanding of the events which have shaped the nature of things  in the
middle east. True "friends of Israel" will welcome this.

   -- Farzin Mokhtarian
"I wonder often what the vintners buy
 One half so precious as the stuff they sell."