[ut.general] terminals

willy@utcsri.UUCP (William Buxton) (03/20/85)

If you own a Volker Craig 404 or are contemplating the purchase of a terminal,
please note the following: a Waterloo Company, Keynote (519)-884-3440, makes
a graphics board for the VC404. They also make an excellent inexpensive
graphics terminal. The board is $600 and the terminal about $1200. For
this you get Tektronix emulation PLUS a 256 x 256 x 4 bit frame buffer for
doing grey-scale graphics (image processing or synthesis). We have had
6 of these terminals for undergrad teaching for 2 years with no problem.
For the cost of a regular terminal, you get a flexible, well-designed
graphics terminal. They give good support and quantity discounts.
				Bill Buxton (978-6320)

mart@utai.UUCP (Mart Molle) (03/20/85)

The terminal in willy's last message should have been VC4404,
not the VC404.  This is the cheap terminal everyone bought on
a clearance sale last year.

eugene@utcsri.UUCP (Eugene Kligerman) (03/21/85)

In article <903@utcsri.UUCP> willy@utcsri.UUCP (William Buxton) writes:
>If you own a Volker Craig 404 or are contemplating the purchase of a terminal,
>please note the following: a Waterloo Company, Keynote (519)-884-3440, makes
>a graphics board for the VC404. They also make an excellent inexpensive
>graphics terminal. The board is $600 and the terminal about $1200  ...
>				Bill Buxton (978-6320)

The followup message by Mart Molle says that we are talking about the
VC4404's, not VC404.

But I thought that the 4404s are really cheap.  Didn't some people buy these
terminals a year ago for something like $300 - $400, rather that $1200?

					Eugene Kligerman.

gage@utcsstat.UUCP (03/22/85)

Re: Terminals

wish to see a note in the Engineering Annex about some VC404's selling for
around $300 ?!