From cs.purdue.edu!sjm Thu Aug 10 16:33:39 1989
From: sjm@cs.purdue.edu (Scott J Mark)
To: psych.toronto.edu!kirsch
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 89 15:33:06 -0500
Subject: Wanna do a little research?

We've got the game referred to in this article, and we are nothing short of
addicted.  I have no idea how big the CS dept up there is, but I was
wondering if there's any chance that you've seen this.

	The game runs on computers from Silicon Graphics Incorporated (SGI)
and if you know anybody in the CompSci dept they might be able to find out
what the below-attached article is about.

	The long and short of it is that I'd like very much to add these
things to our version of the game at Purdue, and (not having any idea how
difficult this might be) I was wondering if you could tell me more about
what was done up at UofT.

								Scotty

from newsgroup comp.graphics
In article <89080823183450@masnet.uucp> alan.kennedy@canremote.uucp (ALAN KENNEDY) writes:
>To everyone out there who is addicted to the Silicon Graphics flight
>simulator...

Yeah, and dogfight as well. Just wish I had more time to fool around ...

>I have been told that there is someone who has built additional models
>such as a Stealth etc... Does anyone else have this? Or know where I can
>get it? Also are have there been any other modifications or additions?

I have heard the same thing. Apparently, someone at University of Toronto
has added a Klingon battle cruiser, complete with warp drives, photon
torpedos and a cloaking device. Try chasing that with the Cessna! Rumour
has it that a Sopwith Camel and Fokker Triplane have also been defined. Can
someone from UofT confirm/deny this?

(thanks fron me, too)

____

Reminder: