[net.arch] How about a net.cad, net.cae, net.cam, or net.cat newsgroup?

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (09/29/84)

Where
cad == Computer Aided Design
cae == Computer Aided Engineering
cam == Computer Aided Manufacturing
cat == Computer Aided Testing

The field is exploding with new hardware and software in these fields.

Perhaps it would be better organized as either:
net.compaids
OR
net.ca.design, net.ca.engr, net.ca.manufacture, net.ca.test

Any comments or suggestions?  Where should discussions about such subjects
and available products take place before any such new newsgroups emerge?
--
Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Palo Alto, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,flairvax,nsc}!turtlevax!ken

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (10/02/84)

Date: Mon, 1 Oct 84 15:19:58 pdt

	I have read only netnews so I can't post a response....

	Back to the reason for this mail.  I am working in the CAM fields and
would like a net.cam or net.cim (comp. integerated manufacturing).

	There does not seem to be any currently applicable news group for
this kind of discussion.

Bob Taylor
201-386-6107 work
206-838-7764 home