[net.arch] Why is net.os taking so long?

jbs@mit-eddie.UUCP (Jeff Siegal) (12/13/85)

In article <512@smeagol.UUCP> kwan@smeagol.UUCP (Richard_Kwan) writes:
>Good grief... are we still tallying votes?
>YES FOR NET.OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.  This is silly.  If net.os is going to get created, then
lets have it already.  If not, then I'll set up a mailing-list so we
can stop sending noise (like "One more vote for net.os....I agree,
let's have a net.os....etc....etc....etc..") around the world, and
start sending some os-related information.

	In a foolhardy attempt to improve the S/N ratio,
	Jeff Siegal - MIT EECS (jbs@mit-eddie)

mason@utcsri.UUCP (Dave Mason) (12/17/85)

In article <730@mit-eddie.UUCP> jbs@mit-eddie.UUCP (Jeff Siegal) writes:
>In article <512@smeagol.UUCP> kwan@smeagol.UUCP (Richard_Kwan) writes:
>>Good grief... are we still tallying votes?
>>YES FOR NET.OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>I agree.  This is silly.  If net.os is going to get created, then
>lets have it already.  If not, then I'll set up a mailing-list so we
>can stop sending noise (like "One more vote for net.os....I agree,
>let's have a net.os....etc....etc....etc..") around the world, and
>start sending some os-related information.
>
>	In a foolhardy attempt to improve the S/N ratio,
>	Jeff Siegal - MIT EECS (jbs@mit-eddie)

It is likely that a mod.os will start early in the new year.  I have
volunteered to moderate it, and at least some of The-Powers-That-Be
have given it their blessing.  The only hold up right now is that I will
be moving to a new system in January, then a hopefully-quick discussion in
net.news.groups, then finally a group for Operating Systems.

	soon to be	????!ryesone!mason
--
Usenet:	{dalcs dciem garfield musocs qucis sask titan trigraph ubc-vision
 	 utzoo watmath allegra cornell decvax decwrl ihnp4 uw-beaver}