[net.arch] Comparing Cyber 205 & Crays

omondi@unc.UUCP (Amos Omondi) (12/16/85)

Would anyone who has compared the Cybers and the Crays on a wide
range of problems be willing to mail me such information or give
pointers to where such information could be located. Of particu-
lar interest is any information which would show the effects of
paging on the Cybers.

rchrd@well.UUCP (Richard Friedman) (01/06/86)

In article <752@unc.unc.UUCP>, omondi@unc.UUCP (Amos Omondi) writes:

> Would anyone who has compared the Cybers and the Crays on a wide
> range of problems be willing to mail me such information or give
> pointers to where such information could be located. Of particu-
> lar interest is any information which would show the effects of
> paging on the Cybers.

This is a non-trivial task.  To begin with, you might consult the
collection of articles on supercomputers in general found in the
IEEE Tutorial on Supercomputers.  In particular, check the
December 85 issue of IEEE Computer magazine, p.10, the article
by Lubeck, Moore, and Mendez.  Good biblio.
--

    ...Richard Friedman [rchrd]
       Pacific-Sierra Research

       USENET:  {lll-crg,ptsfa,hplabs}!well!rchrd