[net.arch] SCSI Bus Specification Sought

mo@seismo.CSS.GOV (Mike O'Dell) (01/09/86)

I am searching for the SCSI Bus specification.  I think it might be
an ANSI document, possibly X3T9.2, but don't know for sure.  I want
to build someting which lives on a SCSI bus, so I need the low-level
link protocol, as well as the specification of the commands and their
expected effects, responses, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

	-Mike O'Dell

rick@ut-ngp.UUCP (Rick Watson) (01/10/86)

Copied from an NCR manual - I make no claim for accuracy:

Copies of the proposed SCSI standard (X3T9.2) can be obtained with
a $20 prepayment (include self-addressed mailing label) from:

X3 Secretariat, Computer and Business Equipment Manufacturers Assoc
311 First Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20001

Rick Watson
University of Texas Computation Center
 arpa:   rick@ngp.UTEXAS.EDU   rick@ngp.ARPA
 uucp:   ...seismo!ut-sally!ut-ngp!rick   rick@ut-ngp.UUCP
 bitnet: ccaw001@utadnx
 phone:  512/471-3241

neil@amiga.UUCP (Neil Katin) (01/13/86)

In article <2776@ut-ngp.UUCP> rick@ut-ngp.UUCP (Rick Watson) writes:

>Copied from an NCR manual - I make no claim for accuracy:
>
>Copies of the proposed SCSI standard (X3T9.2) can be obtained with
>a $20 prepayment (include self-addressed mailing label) from:
>
>X3 Secretariat, Computer and Business Equipment Manufacturers Assoc
>311 First Street, NW, Suite 500
>Washington, DC 20001

One can get soft copy of the SCSI spec on two 5 1/4" ibm format
floppies from mini-micro systems.  All that they ask is that you
send the floppies in a self-address, stamped mailer.  The address
is:

	Carl Warren
	Western Editor
	Mini-Micro Systems
	Cahners Publishing Co.
	2041 Business Center Drive, Suite 109
	Irvine, CA  92715
	Request: SCSI TAR0003

They sent me one in about 5 day turnaround, so they must mail it back
within a day or two of receipt.

    Neil Katin
    Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
    pyramid!amiga!neil

stubbs@ncr-sd.UUCP (Jan Stubbs) (01/14/86)

In article <1145@seismo.CSS.GOV> mo@seismo.CSS.GOV (Mike O'Dell) writes:
>I am searching for the SCSI Bus specification.  I think it might be
>an ANSI document, possibly X3T9.2. but don't know for sure.

X3T9.2 is right. The following is the address and phone of the X3T9.2
vice chairman:

John B. Lohmeyer
NCR Corp.
3718 N. Rock Road
Wichita, KS 67226
316 688-8703

walt@rclex.UUCP (Walter L. Weber) (01/21/86)

Rather than waiting for CBEMA , I got a copy of the current draft
standard (17B , dated 16 December 1985) by calling
1-800-325-SCSI and requesting their marketing literature for SCSI
devices as well as the standard.  It arrived within three days of
placing the call.  Good work, NCR!!!  (I am not associated with
NCR in any way.)

--
Walt Weber                     UUCP:     ...harvard!rclex!walt
Ridge Computers                ARPA:        rclex!walt@harvard

walt@rclex.UUCP (Walter L. Weber) (01/24/86)

utzoo!utcsri!carroll (Eric Carroll) mailed me the following:

>> Rather than waiting for CBEMA , I got a copy of the current draft
>> standard (17B , dated 16 December 1985) by calling
>> 1-800-325-SCSI and requesting their marketing literature for SCSI
>
>Is there a net address for the NCR people handling the SCSI stuff?
>It is impossible to dial American 800 numbers from Canada, so I have
>to contact them some other way.

In the event that others need this same information, the telemarketing
group can be reached at 316-688-8072, in Wichita, Kansas.  I have no
information regarding a net address.