[net.arch] Digital Signal Processing Newsgroup

jj@alice.UUCP (03/20/86)

I've noticed a number of calls for a net.dsp newsgroup.
As far as I've seen, few of the articles are in net.news.group, where
they should appear, hence this crossposting.

I'm also for a DSP newsgroup, after all, it's what I do for a
living. This means, of course, that I can't say too much in it,
except comment about various processors, etc, that are in the
public domain.

Given that net.dsp is a work related group, I support it's
creation.

I prefer the name net.dsp, NOT net.arch.dsp, or ??net.analog.dsp???
because DSP is not a logical subset of either.  The discussion of
DSP chips could perhaps go under net.arch.dsp, but the subject is
much more diverse than just chip archetectures.  Algorithms,
research support software, etc, are also candidates for discussion.

--
TEDDY BEARS LOVE THEIR BLANKETS!
"And the words o' the song were a thousand years long,

(ihnp4;allegra;research)!alice!jj

weke@mtuxo.UUCP (Bill Keasler) (03/22/86)

A newsgroup devoted to DSP would be a useful addition to usenet.  Discussions
on devices, algorithms, applications, and programs need a home.

Bill Keasler

schuler@gondor.UUCP (David W. Schuler) (03/25/86)

> A newsgroup devoted to DSP would be a useful addition to usenet.  Discussions
> on devices, algorithms, applications, and programs need a home.

Another YES vote!

dave@enmasse.UUCP (Dave Brownell) (03/29/86)

In article <2052@gondor.UUCP> schuler@gondor.UUCP (David W. Schuler) writes:
>> A newsgroup devoted to DSP would be a useful addition to usenet.  Discussions
>> on devices, algorithms, applications, and programs need a home.
>
>Another YES vote!

This isn't a "no" vote as much as a point of order -- I always thought
that discussions were supposed to exist before creation of a newsgroup
for them!

I haven't seen any discussions of "DSP".  As a matter of fact, I don't
really know what it is.  How 'bout starting a discussion of DSP architectures
here and seeing how long it lasts, how many contribute, and incidentally
enlightening some of us.  Don't forget (somebody!) to explain what it is,
and what it's used for!
--

Dave Brownell
EnMasse Computer Corporation