[net.arch] Using C as an aid to hand writi

johnson@uiucdcsp.CS.UIUC.EDU (05/13/86)

I consider designing assembler code using a high-level language to be
"motherhood".  I have always done it that way (since I wrote my first
big assembly program in 1976), I thought most "modern" programmers did
it that way, and I teach all my students to do it that way.  Am I
hopelessly naive?

ludemann@ubc-cs.UUCP (Peter Ludemann) (05/15/86)

In article <3700003@uiucdcsp> johnson@uiucdcsp.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:

>I consider designing assembler code using a high-level language to be
>"motherhood".  I have always done it that way (since I wrote my first
>big assembly program in 1976), I thought most "modern" programmers did
>it that way, and I teach all my students to do it that way.  Am I
>hopelessly naive?

Not at all.  I like to write my code first in Prolog, then translate
it into something low level like C.  The high level code makes good
comments for the low level stuff.