[net.lang.ada] C to Ada Translator...

smq@hlhop.UUCP (Steven M. Queriolo) (12/21/83)

I'm contemplating writing a C to Ada translator.  I figure it will
not require any syntax cheking (the C compiler will take care of that)
and I can assume that it will be in portable C (lint will take care
of that).  So it doesn't have to be too sensitive to C coding errors.

If anyone has done some work in this area (or even has a working
translator) I would appreciate the assist.

Thanx in advance and enjoy the holidays!

--
			Steven M. Queriolo
			AT&T Bell Labs, Short Hills

brownc@utah-cs.UUCP (Eric C. Brown) (08/16/85)

We are looking for a C to Ada translator that can translate at least 75 percent
of the C code fed to it.  If anybody knows of such a beast, either public
domain or private sector, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Eric C. Brown
brownc@utah-cs
...!{ihnp4, seismo, decvax}!utah-cs!brownc

geoff@boulder.UUCP (Geoffrey M. Clemm) (08/18/85)

In article <3445@utah-cs.UUCP> brownc@utah-cs.UUCP (Eric C. Brown) writes:
>We are looking for a C to Ada translator that can translate at least 75 percent
>of the C code fed to it.

If such a beast exists, please post its description to net.lang.ada .
I am planning on writing a primitive version of such a beast in a few
months, but would appreciate not having to do so.

Geoffrey Clemm

sml@wdl1.UUCP (08/31/85)

The following company claims to do language translations:

Lexeme
Suite 250, Commerce Court
Four Station Square
Pittsbugth, PA  15219-1119

Steve Lazarus			(415) 852-4203
Ford Aerospace			...fortune!wdl1!sml (USENET)
MS X-20				sml@ford-wdl1	    (ARPA)
3939 Fabian Way
Palo Alto, CA  94303