To: info-pascal@brl-voc.ARPA, info-ada@mit-mc.ARPA, info-micro@brl-vgr.ARPA
Subject: Languages in use
Date: 12 Oct 85 13:42:08 PDT (Sat)
From: Dave Godwin <UCI-ICSE.ARPA!godwin@ucbvax.UUCP>

Hi folks.
	I have a small favor to ask from a lot of people here.
	This message is addressed to all you folks out there teaching
classes at universities, or doing new research and development stuff
in large scale industry.  From the academic areas, I need to know what
languages you are teaching your freshmen.  Are these langauges used in
later courses they take ?
	From the R&D people, both in industry and academia, what languages
are you using most frequently ?  Why do you use that particular language
( please keep this answer down to a few chapters :-> ) ?
	Please send your replies to me direct; there is no need to clutter
any net space up with this.  If I get enough replies, I will post a summary
to the net.

	Thank you all much,

		Dave Godwin
		University of California, Irvine