[net.lang.ada] Ada Validation Information

BEBO@SLACVM.BITNET (11/16/85)

Date: 15 November 1985, 14:45:39 PST
From: Bebo White                (415) 854-3300 x2907 BEBO     at SLACVM
To:   INFO-ADA at ECLB.ARPA
Subject: Ada Validation Information

Is it possible to obtain information on the Ada Validation Suite and
validation reports/results on compilers which have either been
validated or have sought validation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

                                 Bebo White
                                 Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
                                 P.O. Box 4349, Bin 97
                                 Stanford, CA  94305
                                 (415) 854-3300 x2907

Bakin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA (11/16/85)

The following information is from information I've received from the Ada
Information Clearinghouse (Ada-Information -at usc-eclb, or via US Mail
ADA IC 3D139 (Fern St., C-107) The Pentagon Washington DC 20301-3081 or
via AT&T 703-685-1477:

First, to get a copy of an ACVC test suite send a cover letter
specifying version number desired (currently 1.6 or 1.7), two reels of
blank (NEW) 2400' mag tape specifying whether you need VAX compatible or
Standard Release Tape, to Ada Validation Facility ASD/ADOL ATTN:  Mrs.
Tina Underwood Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433.

Second, to get more information on validation in general
write/phone/mail the Ada informatoin clearinghous and ask for their
stuff on validation/ and compilers.

Third, does anyone know how to get copies of Validation reports?  I
believe they are published by the validation facilities but I don't have
a central address to write to?

-- Dave