[net.lang.ada] use of DIANA in current compilers

howell@MITRE.ARPA (Chuck Howell) (01/27/86)

Any information that I can get on the  status  of  DIANA  use  in
currently  validated  (or "to be validated Real Soon Now" :-) Ada
compilers will be appreciated.  If you know of  a  compiler  that
uses  a  DIANA-based  IL, does it retain DIANA (DIANA-like) files
around?  Are there Ada bindings  for  interfaces  to  access  and
manipulate these files?  If the compiler does NOT use DIANA, what
does it use?

Also,  any  pointers  to  tools  that  make  use  of  the   DIANA
representation of Ada code will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chuck Howell
    ARPANet: howell@mitre

dday@gymble.UUCP (Dennis Doubleday) (01/28/86)

In article <8601272057.AA08866@mitre.ARPA> info-ada@ucbvax.UUCP writes:
>Any information that I can get on the  status  of  DIANA  use  in
>currently  validated  (or "to be validated Real Soon Now" :-) Ada
>compilers will be appreciated.  If you know of  a  compiler  that
>uses  a  DIANA-based  IL, does it retain DIANA (DIANA-like) files
>around?  Are there Ada bindings  for  interfaces  to  access  and
>manipulate these files?  If the compiler does NOT use DIANA, what
>does it use?
>
>Also,  any  pointers  to  tools  that  make  use  of  the   DIANA
>representation of Ada code will be appreciated.

I'd also like to have this information. Please help!

--

UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!dday                      Dennis Doubleday
CSNet:	dday@umcp-cs				 University of Maryland

leach@tolerant.UUCP (Geoff Leach) (01/29/86)

In article <478@gymble.UUCP> dday@gymble.UUCP (Dennis Doubleday) writes:
>In article <8601272057.AA08866@mitre.ARPA> info-ada@ucbvax.UUCP writes:
>>Any information that I can get on the  status  of  DIANA  use  in
>>currently  validated  (or "to be validated Real Soon Now" :-) Ada
>>compilers will be appreciated.  If you know of  a  compiler  that
>>uses  a  DIANA-based  IL, does it retain DIANA (DIANA-like) files
>>around?  Are there Ada bindings  for  interfaces  to  access  and
>>manipulate these files?  If the compiler does NOT use DIANA, what
>>does it use?
>>
>I'd also like to have this information. Please help!

The compiler produced by Verdix, Inc. (Chantilly (sp?) VA) uses a
modified DIANA IL and does (I believe) save it.  The compiler
has been validated for ACVS 1.6 on VAX and NSC 32000, both under
UNIX.

--
Geoffrey Leach
Yet Another Software Company