[net.lang.ada] Validated Ada for IBM PC

SCHNOORJF@GE-CRD.ARPA (SCHNOOR JOEL F) (02/06/86)

Date:  6-FEB-1986 09:24
From: Joel Schnoor (General Electric - CRD)
Sender: SCHNOORJF
Subject: Validated Ada for IBM PC
To: info-ada@isif@smtp
--------
Topic:  Ada Compilers on an IBM pc

General Transformation Corp. was scheduled to have a validated compiler
for an IBM PC/XT or an IBM PC, with hard disk, by the end of 1985.
I haven't heard anything more about this.  The person to
contact from General Transformation Corp. is Mark Zielinski at (415) 644-0702.

ALSYS has (or is expected to have shortly) a validated compiler for the
IBM PC/AT, Apollo, and Sun workstations.  For more information, write:
                        ALSYS, Inc.
                        400-1 Totten Pond Road
                        Waltham, MA 02154
                        (617) 890-0030

R&R Software is scheduled to produce a validated compiler sometime in 1986,
for the IBM PC and the PC/AT.  For more information, write:
                         R&R Software
                         P.O. Box 1512
                         Madison, WI
                         (608) 244-6436

I haven't seen metrics on any of these, but at least they are (or will be)
available.

                      Joel Schnoor
                      SCHNOORJF@GE-CRD

--------

Brosgol@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA (02/10/86)

A slight correction to the information about Alsys that was sent out
in Joel Schnoor's message of 6 February 1986:

1. Our address is:
      1432 Main Street
      Waltham, Mass. 02154
(The phone number was correct as given-- (617)890-0030)

2.  The Alsys compilers on the Apollo and Sun workstations have been validated.

3.  Our compiler on the PC/AT will be prevalidated shortly.  We are trying
to reach this goal before the SIGAda meeting later this month in
Los Angeles.

Questions on status, price, etc., should be forwarded To Lee Ehrlichman,
VP of Sales.

Ben Brosgol
VP ?/ Tech. Dir., Alsys, Inc.